Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Underbody protection, transfer case

Rob

Garage
Gavlad, how are the brackets coming on?

Hey Rob, am down at the 'shop tomorrow afternoon so will get one tacked up & Col can knock a batch out for us from there. I plan to have them over at the powder coaters early next week... Will advise their turnaround thereafter - he's gonna need plenty of paint!!!

Really sorry about the time frame these have taken - work has just been a cow lately... But good things come to those that wait ;-)

Did you hear about my product testing down at the local mudpit last week?? http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=76 Messy... But successful test in the case of the transfer box slider ;-)

Cheers

Thats the one Jon!!! Sounds better than being a sh!t pilot non? :roll: :lol:

hey gavlad- no worries about the timeframe mate- if it means improving the final product then waiting is never a problem!

Gents

I dropped the plates & brackets up to the powder coaters today - should be around a week before I can pick 'em up & start distributing them :) Mind you, its a short week next week so it'll most likely be after Easter...

I'll pull the list off the other site to see who's still up for a bit of transfer cas protection.

Cheers
Gav

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Me too, did we ever establish that it fitted a manual ok?

I hooked up with Mr Roscow & we lined it up - looks like it will fit fine Paul.

I'll get together with him again once I have them back & we'll make sure once & for all - 99% sure they'll be fine...

BTW, how's your back 'bumper' coming along?

Did all the cutting last weekend but in my new house the electrics dont seem to like the welder very much so my mate is doing it this week. The steel has arrived for the mounting so will get to work with the grinder as i plan to bolt it through the rear crossmember but as usual for me i have to go and complicate things as i figure i could incorporate a hi lift jack mount into it too.
I have another bull bar from a defender that i may start on too.

Paul said:
Did all the cutting last weekend but in my new house the electrics dont seem to like the welder very much so my mate is doing it this week. The steel has arrived for the mounting so will get to work with the grinder as i plan to bolt it through the rear crossmember but as usual for me i have to go and complicate things as i figure i could incorporate a hi lift jack mount into it too.
I have another bull bar from a defender that i may start on too.

So when are you opening up the order book? :cool:

There's certainly enough raw material there to have TJM worried ;-)

Just thought id ask if you got them back form the powder coater?

Ready for collection... Whoo whoo!!!

My buddy works up that way so will see if he can collect them for me today else I'll pop out nice & early tomorrow & get them :)

Splendid start to the day :)

Fantastic! Do you want to PM us buyers with your bank details so that we can settle up with you? :ugeek:

Cheers,

Certainly - I never refuse offers like that Andy ;-)

I'll get a figure on postage when I've got one bundled up - I've been hoarding bubble wrap & cardboard ever since with this in mind... I have to be careful which direction I point the angle grinder at present - the garage/shed is a right fire hazard with all that crud in!!!

Gavlad said:
I'll get a figure on postage when I've got one bundled up
Or we can see if any members are coming from your neck of the woods and heading to the sunny south and could bring the bashplates for all of us here?

Yes, absolutely - no problem with that whatsoever :)

I'll be packaging them anyways to protect them however they are moved around the globe ;-)

Gav- when are you expecting them to be finished mate?

will try and bring a load down when i next visit the folks who live your way (Heswell and Chester), can them bring them back down to Bournemoth and Surrey.

Will have them back home tomorrow night Jim but its unlikely that I'll have a chance to package them before the weekend... As part of a charity 24-hour 3-Peak challenge, we're doing a practice climb of Snowdon on Saturday so must shave me legs for that ;-) Also got to sort the bolts... (Note to self - sort the bolts...)

When do you think you will be oup north next Jim? I'll make sure they're boxed up for then...

I must get that list I did off the other site & see who's over here now for first dibs - spread the lurve man ;-)

Cheers

Back