Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air-con conversion to on-board compressed air

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Once again, not wanting to re-invent the wheel - anyone done it or got any suggestions???

Cheers

Saw a long thread on LCOOL or I8MUD some time ago about this. Used the air con compressor for compressing air.
Sounds a good idea because with the magnetic clutch,it can be turned on/off at will.

Nice one Ade - looks like the future for my aircon pump!!!

I plan, in time, to replace my air con pump with a York pump. Has its own oil bath and does about 9.5cfm :)

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Paul_Humphreys said:
I plan, in time, to replace my air con pump with a York pump. Has its own oil bath and does about 9.5cfm :)

Paul

Any clues as to what the aircon pump will produce Paul??

Andre Bosch said:
Gav, saw your request on LCOOL, here is another one on OFFROAD80's

Thanks Andre - nice one. Thats one of my sites that I hadn't trawled yet ;-)

The OEM Toyota one, not sure, but I know a standard Range Rover one will do about 4-5cfm. The York one I will be using was fitted to the early Range Rovers that had the first Air Con and a lot of big Yank motors. About £250 new without the electric clutch/pully. I did have 2 york pumps but sold the other.

Paul

Hey Paul

I have a York compressor just sat waiting. Look forward to a possible write up from you...

adrianr said:
Hey Paul

I have a York compressor just sat waiting. Look forward to a possible write up from you...

Will be one of the last things I do. Well just after the air con pump breaks :shock: :lol: .

But the plan is front and rear quick release air connectors. Air tank under the rear, from a lorry. I have the air pipe, pump and fittings. Just need an air tank!!

But building the rear bumper in 2 weeks time ;)

Paul

Back