Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Limited revs in reverse

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
This one actually looks quite tidy and has an intercooler fitted. But it says that it's limited in reverse which is kinda, well, not right is it. Anyone know what that would be? Sounds like an electrical rather then mechanical fault. It does look clean and tidy and even comes with a rack.

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

"WHEN REVERSE IS SELECTED ON HIGHER REVS REVERSE STOPS BUT WITH LOW REVS REVERSE IS FINE"

Non comprendez - specken ze franglais??? Or is it Chinglish that he's talking there???

At a guess, it sounds like the replacement gearbox may have something to do with that. A replaced axle too - it might now be in tip-top shape (although the open bonnet is a bit disconcerting!) but with some significant part replacements in 135,000 miles, it seems that it's either been abused or not looked after at all or both.

The gearbox could be a simple fault (not a great description is it) but until proved otherwise, if I was looking at it I'd assume it needed replacing and price accordingly as it could also mean gearbox out and swap / rebuild. The rest of it I'd just assess as you normally would.

My quad does this sometimes. When I come out of low range and diff locks something just hasn't quite disengaged and it leaves the rev limiter in. Just wondered if there was something similar that makes it work in low range but limits it in high range

Chris

{Admin edit - thread tidied up now}

From that poor description of the fault there are all sorts of possibilities. What is the limit? It could mean 1200 RPM or 3000RPM! If it's 3000 then fair play to the seller for mentioning what a buyer might have taken some time to discover.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back