Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiper linkage

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Look we need to fill the pages up so here's another issue.

Took the wiper assembly off this evening. Hmm, how do I put it? It's fnarred. The little turrets that support the spindles are worn away, the links are like a skelington, the main joint is flopsy. So I need a new linkage set. Motor fine - but need turrets and arms. Been mailing Karl in Derby today but he has not come back with a final word. Can't go anywhere with no wipers - or spare wheel. Bit disappointing. Anyone know if Steff has got wiper linkages. Can race over and pick one up if he has, but can't have my first weekend with no driving! Anyone i Cruiser land got a lifeline at all? Need ABS sensor and aircon pump off Karl too.

Chris

Just called Stef for you.

He has wiper linkage on that grey one he got in plus abs sensor front and rear, and thinks he has factory wheel 16 inch too.

he's expecting your call - today / tomorrow.

Cheers

Damn - Karl just rang me! Reckons he has it all.

I will ring Steff anyway to let him know what's what.

Chris

I got a set from Karl, admittedly not like a new one, but good enough. I have greased them and made sure that they are freed off nicely. Wipers now work lovely. Well the front ones do!

I have noticed that the outer 'turret' doesn't wear like the centre one. Therefore there must be a skip load of worn out wiper linkages with one duff one and one good one left on them. But the turrets are the same and can with a bit of work be swapped over. ie - two duff sets can be made into a good un. All that is required is to grind off the domed end of the spigot, swap the brackets over and then plug weld the spindle back on. I shall give it a go at some point. Karl says that it's a very common part for him to sell. They always go. Well there is no lubrication in there at all. Should be a little grease point in the outside.

Now just the dratted back one to fix.

Chris

Nice one Chris, at least you will be able to see now.... :lol:

Shouldn't you be out driving that 90?

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
lol all I have managed is to drive it to work and back a couple of times just to keep the batteries topped up :cry:

Depending on what's hapening on the kids front this weekend I may go to Waddon pay and play on Sunday.... otherwise it's Lincomb

Back