Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Window winders

Dave Burgess

Was the 80 ever fitted with manual window winding mechanisms? Checked Toyo for my truck - no. Checked Partzone for US spec - no, somewhat obviously for a US market.

Toyo seems to suggest the Euro/JDM GX models may be fitted with manuals both front and rear with Elec as an option. The manual part nos are listed as 69830-60010 and 69840-60010 Rears and 69810 & 69820 for the fronts. Can they be ordered here? Were the later UK GX models the same?

I really can't be arsed with the hassle of fixing the electrics (rears in particular) and will be looking at new runners for the fronts, so maybe Mr Rubie is the man for the lot and fit manuals to the rear...

Any thoughts?

As for the fronts Dave get new rubbers from Ian & lube everything that moves, make sure the white plastic roller in the bottom chanel is not seized & they'll go up & down quicker than jordons drawers.

Various451.jpg

Hi,

I was looking at that today myself, but struggled to get the doorcards of. I got the screw from the door leaver off, the screw from the handle and now most of he doorcard is loose, but it seem to be stuck at the armrest. I could see from behind that there seems to be something metal going into the armrest, but I cannot see a screw. I am missing something, or can the doorcard now just be pulled off?

Cheers
Gilbert

Driver's window lubricated and I also cleaned the switches
23052010572.jpg
(pre cleaning ;) )

While working there I also found another plug in the door. Any idea what that is for?
23052010571.jpg

Unfortunately with all the window up and down I now seem to have shot the motor. Of course the window is stuck in down position and it's p...... rain :evil:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back