Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fitting Super PollyPro bushes to 80 series radius arms

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Following on from this thread I tought I would do a simple 'How I did it guide'

Apologies for the poor quality images, I didn't want to get my DSLR covered in White grease so used the 'point and click' :)

Once the radius Arm was removed from my vehicle it was evident that getting the old bushes out wasn't goin gto be easy so, I decided to drill out the rubber from around the center bush.
884957120_Doc8V-O.jpg

With center bush now removed then next task was to remove the original bush outer. I did this by cutting through it with a hacksaw taking care NOT to cut into the radius arm.
884957181_Mi4g9-O.jpg

Once the outer is cut through I hammered in an old blunt screwdriver to lift the one edge, the bush outer was then easily removed with a pair of Mole gripps.
884957237_Mi9vn-O.jpg

The next job was to clean up the hole in the arm.
884957299_F6b3y-O.jpg

Then smear the White grease that came with the kit around the hole.
884957388_W7xfk-O.jpg

Coat the bush with the White grease and place above the hole. I then used a piece of 10mm threadded bar with two short pieces of aluninum section as 'washers'.
884957419_aYmg4-O.jpg

Once the two nuts are wound together, the new bush will invariably enter the hole on an angle, wind on a little more 'pressure' with the two nuts and then press in the exposed lip either with a blunt screwdriver or by crushing with a pair of gripps.
884957566_LteB6-O.jpg

Once square in the hole continue winding the nuts until the bush is a little over half way in.
884957517_EmcpC-O.jpg

Remove the 'incission tool' and give the bush a tap with a copper hammer, it will very easily 'pop' into place.

Finaly insert the new center bush using the same tool that was used to insert the bushes.... job done.
884957591_LbTZy-O.jpg

Repeat the process for the remaining 5 bushes.

Nice job with the 'incission' tool Paul.

I used the drilling technique when removing mine but then used a cold chisel to get the old metal inserts out rather than cutting them.

The castor correction bushes I fitted were in two halves so they could be pushed in from either side of the arm.

Back