Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

allisport intercooler

x_shaun

Garage
well i done it i ordered a intercooler kit for the beast just got to wait while they build it lol hope it makes a improvement and a good one :D will post up pics when its on

next will be lift or a bumper

if you get instructions could you please send me a copy if possible, as i got an intercooler but no instructions

yeah wana swap for that winch bumper lol :lol:

will have to meet up when its done you can see where it all go's

x_shaun said:
well i done it i ordered a intercooler kit for the beast just got to wait while they build it lol hope it makes a improvement and a good one :D will post up pics when its on
next will be lift or a bumper
I've got an Allisport intercooler, fitted by Julian V, it knocked 2 secs off the 0-60 time but increased the fuel consumption, that extra oomph is just too tempting :oops: , but it helps tremendously when knocking down walls :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chas

picked up a Pajero intercooler today ... going to mount it behind front grill and trawling the web for any tips before I get out there with the angle grinder :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chas, do intercoolers always increase fuel consumption or is that a foot issue? Some other threads suggest the reverse [slight improvement in mpg 0.5-1 mpg]. Saw your truck at JulianV's by the way when dropping off mine - shows how strong they are.

SimonD said:
Chas, do intercoolers always increase fuel consumption or is that a foot issue? Some other threads suggest the reverse [slight improvement in mpg 0.5-1 mpg]. Saw your truck at JulianV's by the way when dropping off mine - shows how strong they are.
In theory I suppose they should make a beneficial improvement :? _IF_ you don't use the power it gives too much, I did mention the increase in MPG to Allisport and they said "Sorry mate it's your right foot" :lol:
I hope Julian was not too rude about my driving :oops:
Chas

if you use it the same way as before then it should burn less fuel, but if you use the extra power then you are inevitably going to use more fuel. apart from fuel consumption and the obvious power gains, an intercooler reduces the thermal load on the engine meaning your less likely to overheat in conditions when the cooling system is at its limits.

:lol: JulianV was very diplomatic indeed - actually i was personally amazed at how "straightforward" he thought the repairs would be. I wouldn't have known where to start.

my one does 27/28mpg sunday driving thats about 1mls too the gallon more drive it like it is stolen 17mls 2 the gallon thier is a big differance in power with the intercooler and the pump adjustment and 3ins exhaust 165hp too 230ish

Back