Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear diff lock

mark schwarz

I have just replaced the rear difflock actuator but the indicator light still flashes.
The difflock is engaging and operating the switch by hand or shorting the 2 wires don't make a difference still flashes
Any suggestions on where to look next or have I missed something obvious?

still got the old unit broken casing caused the failure
the new unit works fine but the problem is with the indicator light not showing it is

check the wiring and device/switch that actually gets triggered when diff locks and unlocks
i think on a 90 series it is actually fitted to diff casing, not the accuator
probably same on the 80 series

Make sure that the switch and the motor are in sync. This has happened on 90s before when the motor is mounted the dial doesn't correspond to the position of the locker. I find it best to connect it all up but not mount the locker and turn the dial a few times to make sure it's parked.

Can't see it being that different on an 80. Not had mine off yet as the work.

Chris

Assuming the switch you mention is the lock position sensor then you'll have to trace the loom back to the 'ECU' . The common faults are broken wire at the connector(sometimes just the core and not the outer) or broken switch which you've tested. My memory of the 80 rear locker is getting a bit hazy but is there another connector on the switch loom nearby other than the connection to the switch itself?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mark is at a meeting tonight, but I spoke to him about tea time.

He has tested the switch as in as far as removing it and just shorting the wires, so this rules out the switch as it is not there.

As I said to him, I think it is the wireing "somewhere".

Paul

Back