Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slooshing from somewhere?

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Just lately had a slooshing noise from some trapped water somewhere, after taking out all the half empty water bottles in the back its still there......

Anyone had this before?

Not had it myself but I recall lots of posts elsewhere where the problem has been that the sills are full of water. There are some rubber bungs that you can pull out that will allow the sills to drain.
I guess it's possible that the drains are blocked up with muck, so if the bungs have been removed, just clear them with the end of a cable tie or similar. Also check the sunroof drains (which drain into the sills) aren't blocked.

Cheers,

Cool, will go and check, doing the test fitting of the long range fuel tank today to get the brackets knocked up......

Hope it fits :cool:

EDIT:
Gallons of water on the near side, whipped a couple of bungs out and half of Salisbury plain is now on the drive, will flush it out and dry in the sun.

Paul said:
Cool, will go and check, doing the test fitting of the long range fuel tank today to get the brackets knocked up......

Hope it fits :cool:

EDIT:
Gallons of water on the near side, whipped a couple of bungs out and half of Salisbury plain is now on the drive, will flush it out and dry in the sun.

I'm interested in the progress of your longrange tank.
Which model and manufacture did you opt for?

Paul said:
Sounds like the problem is cured then :cool:

Ah, a very special make ;) Details below

land rover discovery

Anyway, could be made to fit and the filler pipes are dead easy to connect to, but with this tank it would hang too low for my liking, i suppose normally it has to go between narrower chassis rails so has to be deeper but with a high floor plan.
Next plan is to measure up a standard 80 tank and see if it will fit up but turned through 90 degrees. Anyone got a spare 80 tank? :cool:

Back on thread, problem solved but will do some investigating as to where the water came from as everything looks in place and all the bungs are good.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Paul,

Had this myself a few months back. The cause turned out to be the seal around the sunroof - directing all the water through the drain in either corner of the sunroof opening, this leads down the A-pillar and empties into the door sills!!

Try here for more info:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/181371-sunroof-drain-fix.html
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/179613-cleaning-your-sunroof-drains-faq-2.html
http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/view...&start=0&sid=afb64dfd663bf3d1e4b9e9291785b25d

If it the tank was a plastic one, then the older metal ones are not as deep.
Paul

There are actually little slits the water is supposed to drain out of on its own without you needing to take the bungs out. Look along the pinch weld for them IIRC and slip the end of a zip tie up to clear the blockage. Same for the doors, there are drainage slits that need a poke from time to time.

Back