Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Leak from rear of fan heater unit

stevoyorke

I have a leak coming from the rear of the fan heater unit and can't see where it coming from, I am suspecting the hose connection around there! Any easy way of looking to check?? It leaks onto the drivers side footwell.

why do you think it's the heater hose, are you sure it's coolant you're seeing? A leaky windscreen is something else to think about if you're not sure it's coolant.

Yes it's coolant as I am losing it in the radiator. And the leak on the footwell carpet is bluey which the coolant is.

have you checked the heater hoses where they go through the bulkhead in the engine bay? Could be leaking there and tracking down a pipe inside? Otherwise, AFAIK those hoses connect to the heater matrix so it would be the matrix itself leaking. I've never had the heater out so I can't help you with how to do that but someone on here will know.

Thanks 4 that, I am hoping it's the hose rather than the matrix, hard to see which it is, want to see if there's a good access point to see better without having to take the whole console out!! But at the moment it's looking I may have to do that! So if anyone knows a better way I am all ears thanks

Back