Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Timing Belt Replacement

Gary Mead

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
My cruiser is going to be due a timing belt change in about 2000 miles or so,want to find out what parts to use (genuine toyota)or others ???is there a timing belt kit for the 80,ive had it done before but cant recall any details.is it worth replacing any other bits while the car off having t.belt done.
My missus citroen is having t.belt next week and they recommend changing water pump and tensioners etc.

cheers gary

Hi m8, If you need a tensioner and belt ringing to one of the trips to the farm let me know. I use blue print.Not suppose to be any difference than genuin toyota, prob made in the same factory as are alot of parts in general.
Karl

Hi Gary,

You should be able to get away with just getting the belt changed, but get them to check the pulley - occasionally it will need replacing, but not always.

My missus citroen is having t.belt next week and they recommend changing water pump and tensioners etc

'course they do. That's why they're cheap when new. All the components are replaced about 10 times in the 'life' of the vehicle.

Back