Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

DIY intercooler

IMO if you do the above and keep the pipe the same diameter then it should be fine. If its too small it wont be as effective as a larger one, but like all engineering there is a sweet spot, so don't get a huge as you will most probably be wasting your money.

Did you get this Lorin? Interested in finding out how you get on if you did :)

I bought an Mitsi L200 top mount intercooler from off of the bay to fit to Snowy my 1.9 XUD TD Vitara. It came with an electric cooling fan & a built in thermostat for controling the fan & all for only £40 :D I've seen them sell for £35 :o an absolute bargain I'm sure you'll agree :) Unfortunately I never got around to fitting it & sold it with Snowy just before I bought Fiery :( Pete the lad that bought Snowy has now fitted it in preperation for having the diesel pump turned up in conjuction with the turbo boost level :)

P5040221.jpg

P5040222.jpg

P5040223.jpg

Maybe this would be an option for you :?:

I didn't bid on that particular one as I need to confirm measurements and fix leaking radiator first!

I will be doing this during the next couple of months though so I'll post up how it goes (will write it up with photos).

Same as Gav - did you get this Lorin? For the price it might be useful to have / a nice project..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lorin said:
I didn't bid on that particular one as I need to confirm measurements and fix leaking radiator first!

I will be doing this during the next couple of months though so I'll post up how it goes (will write it up with photos).
Yeah, I'd get the truck watertight before playing with it even more ;)

Nice one dude - I noticed on the auction that there were quite a few buy-it-now intercoolers from the same chap... If you need a hand sourcing bends/materials when you come to it, gis a call ;) Look forward to seeing how you get on :)

Cheers

Interesting reading for anyone else thinking of having a go. Scroll down and you get some really good pictures of the plumbing.

I'm going to follow the pictures of the Burgandy LC for my plumbing as I've seen it done the same a few other places (e.g., ASE front mount follows the same route).

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopic ... &view=next

Measured it all up to confirm it'll fit and I'm now going for one of the 600x300x76 FMICs on ebay.....

Back