Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre sizes

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Right then, first one of many :thumbup:

I will be increasing the tyre size probably as the ones on there have done over a month so need changing.

What sizes have people gone to? Is the 285-75/16 size increase still good like most do on the 80's

Yep, currently running that size, have toyed with 285 75 16 but options limited to hankook and bfg all terrain. Dr Wildsmith has gone bigger and done the whole regear think, 285 apparently fits with no lift

I ran 285x75x16 on standard suspension for a while and didn't have any problems.

Julian said:
Yep, currently running that size, have toyed with 285 75 16 but options limited to hankook and bfg all terrain. Dr Wildsmith has gone bigger and done the whole regear think, 285 apparently fits with no lift

Sorry that should have said 295 75 16, bloody mobiles on trains

I have been running 295/75-16 for 150.000 kms by now without any problems. Only in AHC low -and with full turn can I force it to touch the underbody.

Ultimate size for a non-lifted 100 is: 255/85R16. Just over 33 ", but narrow, so it puts less strain on the steering, and better "offroadability".
Some people find it too skinny, but that's only because they are concerned about todays fashion, and not practical use. :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
She will be getting lifted when i can get the bits but in the meantime i think it will be a set of 285-75/16, especially as i am being told that the 255 is being phased out

Hi guys
How do the 285/75r16 effect the performance and fuel economy?
I'm looking at moving away from the 275/65r17 as there limited tyre sizes available.

Back