Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lc3 or lc4

Dandare

Good evening eveveryone

For fear of getting ejected from this forum I will say this quietly !

Would really like a Landcruiser poss nothing older than 2yrs however the model of my choice (the Lc4 ) still seem really expensive 30-40k, I have even started looking towards the Lc3 and the Nissan Pathfinder simply because I can pick up a top of the range one 1yr old for less than 25k.....
Ideally don't want to spend any more than 25-30k tops.
Any comments much appreciated.

If i was gonna spend that sort of money on a vehicle it would have to be a classic car that will go up in value year on year rather than down in value minute by minute .

Shayne, I appreciate the comment but think I will be looking to keep this for many years hence the reason I am looking at Landcruisers.

If its a lasting vehicle your after then your only choice is a landcruiser , if you buy a 20 year old one its likely only to last you another 20 years if you change the oil now and then .

Last edited:
Thanks Shayne, think the Pathfinder is getting the elbow ......now just need to find an Lc4 , less than 2yr old and less than 30k

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've got the LC4 and no real complaints about it. Well, only on-going moan is fuel consumption (average of 24MPG) and an auto box which, in my humble opinion, is a bit indecisive and eager to unlock the TC and chuck fumes out the back. This is only during town driving though - on the hiway it is a dream to drive.

Don't recall what the differences where between the 3 and 4.

I've got the LC4 and no real complaints about it. Well, only on-going moan is fuel consumption (average of 24MPG) and an auto box which, in my humble opinion, is a bit indecisive and eager to unlock the TC and chuck fumes out the back. This is only during town driving though - on the hiway it is a dream to drive.

Don't recall what the differences where between the 3 and 4.
Which engine are you referring to? The 4.2 gets similar mpg in a much bigger truck..?!?!

Last edited:
Don't get a Pathfinder. If it was built by Nissan it would be a good machine. Now it's just a Renault in drag with all the Renault electronic (and often mechanical) gremlins. Hence the cheap resale prices. They look nice and drive well but....

I test drove one before I eventually settled on my LC5. I didn't find it too bad and no worse than the LC. It was mainly the Renault DNA that worried me and eventually put me off.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

I had a 6 month old 2007 Navara for a few months, the Adventura. In black, look great.
That was very quick, decent on fuel.
4 wheel drive, manual.
Pulling away in second when no load was very easy.

However, I son't remember any doing over 250,000 miles yet.

Gra.

Just about ready to buy!

Can I ask for some opinions....What do you think is the better option?

option 1 - LC4, 60/11 plate....20-25k on the clock , approx. price £30-£32k, 2yrs warranty remaining

Option 2 - LC4, 62 plate, 12- 15k on the clock, approx. price £37-38k, 4yrs warranty remaining

Honestly cant make my mind up

I would go with the option 1 if the condition is the same? Doubt it would depreciate much more whereas the 62 might still be at a premium? 25k is not a lot (I have 11 on mine since new in Nov). You can extend the warranty with Mr-T for about £500 (IIRC).

I think it was ChadR on here who had one as a loan and he said that the 2.4 diesel was a bit breathless in that size truck. :think:

Yes, it was me though a couple of years ago now. We had a ~6 month old Pathfinder on loan and did about 800 miles in it. Once the novelty of driving a "new" car wore off, it became quite tiresome TBH. Didn't have much go, couldn't get much better than early to mid 20s MPG. Also found that the middle and rear seats were quite poor for legroom, not fore-aft but depth - passengers would end up sitting with their knees at chest level.

I also had to call out the RAC a couple of time in the few weeks we had it because it kept locking/immobilising itself - thankfully this was just on my drive. I was glad to get my (at the time) 14 yr old Colorado back and hand the 6 month old Pathfinder back.

Would I but one with my own money.........what do you think? ;-)

Back