Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Garmin Dezl 760 - Result !!!

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Having had a few Garmin devices over the years, I was frustrated when Garmin moved away from allowing you to plan a route in detail using Mapsource/Roadtrip and then transfer that route to the device; they moved to a "Trip Plan" solution on the device itself, which was utterly useless when trying to plan a trip in detail... Been using my trusty GPS60 for this and a regular Nuvi for overview mapping, not ideal but it works.

Well, I just took delivery of the new BIG 7" screen version of their Trucking/RV satnav- the Dezl 760. It's big!!

It's a fantastic size for navigation and finally, it now allows routes to be planned on PC or Mac and transferred to the device using Mapsource or Basecamp.:clap: it has voice command, bluetooth tel connect, live traffic, petrol prices, links to android for full google searching, etc etc etc.

And the icing on the cake....it has a video-in port, so I can plug in a reversing camera, solving my only gripe with my 80. I'll be able to see behind me now, not just when reversing, but also as full time r.v.m. without the need for yet another additional screen in the cab. :dance:

Happy chap am I.:icon-biggrin:

I fancy one of these, where did you get it Lazz £££?

Pics ? in the car plz.

How do you use it with smartphone link? What practical use?

I need to get a navigator. So far I've only driven to places I know :)

I fancy one of these, where did you get it Lazz £££?
Chas I got it from trucknavigation-store. Arrived next day delivery.

Pics ? in the car plz.

How do you use it with smartphone link? What practical use?

I need to get a navigator. So far I've only driven to places I know :)
uHu, my 80 is still in Cape Town so cant do in car pics. The Smartphone link allows you to search full google stuff for anything. It allows you to views updated weather info & traffic info. Its most useful feature is that it give you LIVE fuel prices for fuel stations around your location. I've used Shell station for ages byt found its 7p pr l more expensive than the BP fuel station 1.8 miles away!!
If your looking for a navigator, its the best out so far IMO..... oh it also takes T4A plug and play !

I said I was interested, I've bought one. So far it's the best thing since sliced bread. :icon-ugeek: Still playing and finding new things. :icon-cool: Lazz, where is the app for finding local fuel prices?

Last edited:
Reverse camera connection to Dezl 760

Reverse camera or live camera connection.

@chas... connect to your phone using smart link

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've used these guys before for GPS and have found their prices very good... a touch more than the one (£2) that Olazz posted but they are definitely UK based and conveniently they're located in a Toyota showroom...

Out of interest do you get any of the live info in SA like traffic etc??

Yes Warren indeed. ... I was rather surprised too!

That is good. How about the cheap fuel options and weather??

Is there a subscription cost?

Yes both come up highlighted (haven't tried using either) and are accessed via your smart phone link; no additional subs needed.

I bought a Garmin Dezl 760 too, best thing since sliced bread, no subscription necessary Warren, it comes with lifetime map updates included.
BUT, I have had it lock up on me five times so far, once when it made me miss a turn-off on the motorway, it's not immediately obvious when it does lock up, I only noticed when the ETA hadn't changed for a bit.
I contacted Garmin who told me "It's a software problem" and how to update it, which I did and the first time I entered a favourite place the bloody thing locked up again,:angry-screaming: it seems to have settled down now, although I will phone them again in

the morning but I expect they'll be closed so on Monday.
The indication of what lane you need to be in is very useful and the voice command is the dogs danglies, just tell it where you want to go and it does, no voice recognition necessary, just talk to it. :thumbup: It can be configured for various types of vehicles, I have it set for a lorry, I think that may give more advanced warnings of necessary manouveres.
There are so many different settings that can be made, I'm still getting used to it.

How easily can you switch between a view like the one shown and 2D, either of the immediate route and/or an overview, preferably north up? One of the things I like about a larger screen is being able to see enough map in 2D to get your bearings which can be hard on a tiny screen. The PC nav software I use has a single on screen button that cycles through 3D, local 2D and route overview in 2D and I find it very handy as I don't always want to blindly follow the sat nag instructions.

I've just been playing with it and I just found out if you tap the screen once a few icons pop up, one of which is an arrow and if you tap that it will change from 3D to 2D. Told you, I'm still getting used to it, I keep finding something new.

Its very easy Jon, as Chas has explained.
It also allows you to get a 360º view of where you are and to change the layers on the screen.
Oh it also has voice command which is very good too! can adjust volume, brightness, say destination..etc etc.

The voice command is better than my wife, the Garmin does just what I tell it too! :lol:

Halfords have this for £374 on special at the moment.

I know its a little bit more but you can walk into the store and pick it up straight away.

Does anyone know if you get the lifetime maps if that works across the globe if you move country?

Greetings Cruiserers,
I don't mean to be spamming this fine forum, just to let you know that Waypoint are agents for Garmin and we can do this unit for £350 all-in.
Hope this is of use to some, let me know if I can be of help,
Barrie

Barrie

What's included in the kit and does that price include lifetime maps?

Back