Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RaceChip Pro Power Box

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So whilst searching for something completely different in ebay, I can across someone selling a tuning box called RaceChip Pro. Seemed reasonable, so I found the actual sellers website, and after a few exchanges of emails, I purchased said unit (middle one in link below) for €229 :
http://www.racechip.com/racechip-pro2/

Arrived very quickly from Germany with fitting instructions, but was easy enough to do:
20130413_124240-M.jpg 20130413_124304-M.jpg
20130413_124442-M.jpg 20130413_124535-M.jpg

They also emailed me some pics of my supposed engine, however these were not correct. Oh well thinks I, I should be able to do this... So out come the spanners, off comes the intercooler, and I start looking for the plug to the common rail.... Nope can't find it under the intercooler area... So I look around, and lo and behold it's down to the right hand side of the engine:
20130413_135441-M.jpg 20130413_140953-M.jpg

Easy to install, unplug said connector, plug in the harness, then plug original plug into harness... job done:
20130413_142223-M.jpg 20130413_143209-M.jpg

Tidy it all up:
20130413_144041-M.jpg 20130413_144045-M.jpg

Job done!

The unit has two selector switches inside which you can move to select a different performance profile, which is nice, although a bit of a faff as you need to open the unit up to do so.

So what do I think.... well you can defo feel the difference, and Crispin and myslef did some quick tests using a app on the phone to get some 0-60 figures, and on average it's come down from 16.4 to 13.4 seconds. Interesting enough Crispin's 150 in the same stretch of road does this in 10.4 seconds.

What's nice about this unit, is that they give you a bypass plug so that you can remove the box and the LC is back to standard :icon-cool:

Must say they were/are a very good company to deal with, quite responsive to emails! Only thing is they would not offer any discount for multiple buys.... :icon-rolleyes:

Very chuffed with that indeed.

Last edited:
Sitting as a passenger you can feel it is quicker. What are the claims to improved fuel consumption. Granted, if you have a heavy foot you'll never see it but did they say it'll improve as well?

I've developed a massive itch now :pray:

Well they say about 25% performance gain and better fuel economy but I am very doubtful I will see any fuel gains. I filled up today so will be able to tell very soon....

If I make it to Lincomb, which is 50-50 at the moment then......................................................drag race :auto-car:

Tony when you took the inter cooler off did you see anything with a TRD sticker on it? I can under mine and now need to go see what it is ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope did not notice any TRD stickers..... Hmmm got me thinking now too.

@ Trevor..... Your on.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm looking for something like this but purely for road use and my main aim
is for better fuel economy.

Have you noticed it being better on fuel ?

Not sure I've noticed a massive improvement. Maybe 10% Combined driving was always around 300miles on a tank, now probably 320/330. But then I have never been too fussed about mpg

This is my first full tank and it's done 200 miles and the gauge is just above half full, just local driving.

Not sure I've noticed a massive improvement. Maybe 10% Combined driving was always around 300miles on a tank, now probably 320/330. But then I have never been too fussed about mpg

Tony is this correct 300 miles to a tank out of a D4D i get 400 miles from my old kzte. i thought the D4D was meant to be more economical

Tony is this correct 300 miles to a tank out of a D4D i get 400 miles from my old kzte. i thought the D4D was meant to be more economical

I've never found my 120 to be particularly good right from brand new, but then we tend to do a lot of town driving, and when on motorway I tend to keep up with everyone probably cruise around 80mph. I have seen close to 400miles and that was on a long trip mostly motorway and then I tried hard to keep to 70mph.

Graham and others on here do much better and seem to get regularly better than 30mpg. Mine is probably more like 23mpg....

Ok, I only ask as im still undecided on the 100 series or the 120 and the only thing swaying me is the Book figures of MPG. i can only see diesel getting more expensive so the less i have to put in the better but at 23mpg its close to the 100series:angry-banghead: im sure il make my mind uo one day:lol:

I regularly get over 32mpg from my swb 90 with d-4-d power under the bonnet and get well over 400miles to a tank when doing decent runs.
What tyres are you running Tony??

That will knock the mpg a little.

I've started running general grabber AT on my hilux rather than chunky off road tyres makes for almost 10% improvement on fuel and they're really quiet and not bad off road too.

London is well respected and used to offer a club discount. Check what your insurance thinks about them too - price tends to go up for power mods.

Would still really like the TTE chip - but at over a grand it's a tad expensive!

Back