Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How much for a respray?

Beefbeefbeef

Country Flag
uk
I have a 2004 LC120 with about 90k on the clock so only just running in! She now has a fair few minor scratches, abrasions, stone chips etc etc and, during occasional (rare) flush-with-cash moments, I feel she would benefit from a respray.

Any idea what the ball park cost would be? Are we talking a grand? Two grand?? Er, more?

Depending on how much work the car needs you are looking at 2g for a half desent job in base coat in clear as i assume its metalic. Wrap it or dont worry about it as they look better with some running in marks.

Resprays come in all qualities, and parts there off.

Any thing from £2000 to £6000.
You could even arrange to do all the prep. work yourself, and try save some money.

I would be sure that you would not increase the value by the cost of the respray.

I would be quite happy just to leave it.

Gra.

Look at getting it polished. I had my very badly scratched 120 polished not expecting much. Results were amazing. Much better than new (no orange peel). Have a search for pics here, (can't find via Tapatalk). Gist was only 270 IIRC. can pass on details if you want to talk to the guy. He's done a few jobs for members.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If it is original factory paint it will certainly be able to withstand 3-4 machine polishings (mopping as it is known in the trade).
Both my colorados were done by my regular guy for under a hundred quid each.
Personally I would rather see an original paintwork car that's been mopped and not 100% perfect, showing a few signs of use, than one that's been painted (from a buyer's and therefore owner's perspective) as then you know it's not hiding anything. I also feel less likely to worry about something else happening....

Look at getting it polished. I had my very badly scratched 120 polished not expecting much. Results were amazing. Much better than new (no orange peel). Have a search for pics here, (can't find via Tapatalk). Gist was only 270 IIRC. can pass on details if you want to talk to the guy. He's done a few jobs for members.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Crispin, what's the name of the guy you mentioned above? Sorry for the delay, not checked this thread for a while!

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ed Denwood
07703-559195

Tell him how you got his details, might be able to give a bit of a discount.

CP

I would agree with those recommending polishing.

I only had mine sprayed because it had extensive patches of re spray when I bought it with a lot of bodged damage repairs. It came up well and they did a good job, but it will always be a give-away that it's a spray job, even though they did a complete strip down glass-out, all trim removed job.

Not sure exactly. He does a lot of work for Simon in Aylesbury. When he did my 120 he said he took it home which was nearer to Oxford.

I enquired about a respray yesterday and although the guy couldn't see the vehicle he gave be a worst case quote of £3,000 for an 80 series. So you could have it mopped like the sage advice above or you could search for "upol raptor" on youtube and be amazed.

I'm going to do it.

Tasks 1 (get my tailgate to open) and 2 (order a new compressor) are complete. In about two weeks I will have made chequer plate to replace the plastic boot walls and DA'd the paint. Iwill bedline that with Raptor as a trial. If the results are acceptable i will start on the outside.

What's the worst that can happen? ;-)

Paul.

Thanks Crispin, where is he based , geographically?
If you wet the scratches with water and they disaperar then they can be polished out but if they are through to the base coat then they can't be polished I know this because I do this as a job.

check out my pics on thread I repaint ex my truck with mods aswell

Back