Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MPG v 120

Lewis07

Is the mpg on the 150 really that much better than the 120? I've read an increase of up to 30% for the 190 bhp 150 over the 120.

Not a chance.

Town driving commute I average 24-25 which is worse that my modded 120. I blame the auto 'box.

This trip to Italy I had a roof box on, 6 people in truck. At 70mph on cruise control it was about 25-28mpg. With cruise control on 95 through France it was pegged at 19mpg :eek:

Not the best test of consumption but on a whole its pretty crap. Even m25 at 70-80 is poor.

On downhills you'll get 60mpg though :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thats a pity. I was hoping to use that as an excuse to upgrade. :lol: Having said that, the 120 was a dream again coming down here and has such low miles on it I'd probably be a bit foolish to trade it now just now.

Thats a pity. I was hoping to use that as an excuse to upgrade. :lol: Having said that, the 120 was a dream again coming down here and has such low miles on it I'd probably be a bit foolish to trade it now just now.
I know how you feel Lewis,

Mine also has low miles on it, :lol: and I really don't feel like letting it go yet.

Seriously, though, the 150 looks more newer, but I can't find it in me to consider replacing my 120, with a 150.

My 120 runs as strong now as it has ever run, perhaps the economy may not be as good as when she came out the factory, but she has proved herself, time, and time, and time again, with several long towing trips to Germany, France, Spain, and Morocco, that I would rather forget about !.

Gra

No (sensible) point to upgrade to 150 from a god 120. Do it if you want to but it'll only be because you want to.

I tanked yesterday and only done hi way here, 6 people no luggage etc, Cc stuck on 110km/h and it's sitting at 25.8mpg. All level hiway... :confused:

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Gra, what miles on yours now? I reckon we have these 120's until we die...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Lewis,

I can't see me moving this 120 any time soon.
When we arrive in England, later in September, we will buy a second car for her.

So having the 120 series, and then a smaller more economical car fro her seems to make sense

It's just what car he wants.
For the past year, she has her heart set on a Wrangler.
A red one !

Gra.

We recently chopped in our RAV 4.3 for an 11-reg LC4 with 30K miles up, one owner & FTSH. This is our second LC having owned a new 57-reg 120 from new for 2 years and 30K miles.

I have to say that after a month's ownership and approx 1,500 miles running (mixed use: long commutes with 80 MPH cruising, urban/shopping, weekend hol in N.Yorks = lots of back road stuff), I am really pleasantly surprised at the consumption. I still have the data from our previous car, which averaged 27-28 MPG. This one is currently showing 31.3 MPG on the OBC and B2B calcs show that it is 4% optimistic so the actual over the last month is just over 30 MPG. It's also notable that the new one has an OBC - the 120 didn't.

If I really tried to drive eco then I guess it could do better. It's nice to reacquaint myself with the torque of this engine; it seems to accelerate better than our RAV which, when you hit the accelerator, seemed to take a breath before getting going; the LC just picks up and goes with enormous enthusiasm. For a big Tonka toy it's quite amazing.

Anyway, we love it and I'm really pleased to be back in the LC fold.

Last edited:
Enjoy you new ride. They're a great car for traveling in. Eat up the miles in comfort :)

Back