Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Remote Locking Key fob refurbishment

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
If you're remote locking key fob is starting to get a bit tired like mine was, then these guys provide a great refurbishment/repair service.....and for a very reasonable cost IMO.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-RE...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43c21751c4

I bought the "service" on ebay and sent my fob off on Wed 20th, they received it on Thu 21st, refurbished it and popped it back in the post to me the same day. I received it back this morning (Fri 22nd) and it is now clicking away good as new, all in a 48hr turnaround! Very pleased indeed.

I'm sure many other owners might have non-working remote fobs that might benefit from a refurbishment.

Please note I have no affiliation to the seller, other than as a very satisfied customer (YMMV). :icon-cool:

Nice one Chad, they're not too far from me so I might call in for a cuppa while he fixes ours :icon-cool:

No worries mate.

I opened mine up when I got it and they have replaced the innards (the green circuit board thingy inside is new, plus a new battery). You just have to lightly press the buttons, rather than try and nearly press them through the back of the fob as before. It now works from around 20ft away from the truck, which is about as good as it has ever been.

Did I mention I was pleased? :icon-smile:

I need this, have three keys for the car and two remote fobs. One Fob opens the car but the button to close does not, it lights but but does not lock the car. The 2nd Fob is completely broken, no light or anything.
I was just interested as while reading the user manual it says that the battery should be replaced under 40 seconds otherwise it loses the code for the car. If this is the case how are they meant to work when you get them back if they have not been working already.
Probably a question for the company you used so will ask them as well.

Hey guys,
So Key fob guy on ebay does not do this anymore apparently.
Anyone know anybody else who can refurb key fobs for an 80 series?
Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey guys,
So Key fob guy on ebay does not do this anymore apparently.
Anyone know anybody else who can refurb key fobs for an 80 series?
Thanks
1self,

My 100 series ignition key literally broke apart one day when I attempted to turn the engine over. The plastic body containing the battery and transmitter, which also served as the "base" for the metal key gave away from years of use.

Getting a new remote key for a LC outright is pretty pricey.

Luckily my wife was able to find replacement key bodies online. I don't have the link, perhaps a Google search will yield results.

With the replacement/blank key I was able to simply drop in the transmitter portion of the old key into the new body and have the metals key cut at a nearby hardware store.

The entire evolution was pennies on the dollar if we went the simple/direct course of action in purchasing a new key directly from Toyota.

Have been using the new key for over a year now with zero issues.

Hopefully this thread will be of some use!

v/r,
Rob

Back