Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Automatic gearbox shudder

quintenp

Country Flag
netherlands
Hello!
I am new to this forum and have a problem with my Landcruiser 200 from 2008 (4.7l petrol).
During acceleration in full automatic mode I feel a clear shudder when it shifts up from 3rd to 4th gear at around 50km/u. If I put the car in semi-automatic and don't touch the stick and let it run through the gears automatically it doesn't shudder. It also doesn't have the problem with down shifting.
Unfortunately, I live in East-Russia and speak only a little bit of Russian. So it is not easy to understand the mechanics and am hoping that anybody on this forum recognises the problem.
I did have an oil change of the automatic gearbox a couple of days ago and it was gone for a couple of days and now it is back again. The mechanic did tell me that the oil was quite dirty and should be changed again after a couple of 1,000 kms. I bought the car only 6 months ago and the car only did about 50,500km.
The car was also diagnosed but did not show any errors with the automatic gearbox.
Appreciate your help!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new too, I have a similar problem that you have.
I have an vdj200 (DIESEL) From 2012.
In my case, the shudder is from 2ond to 3rd. I go to my local dealer, and we change the second package of brake/clutch in my gearbox.
This fix the problem between 2nd to 3rd.
But in my case I have a similar shudder, when I loose the accelerator and push it down again, just in the moment when the gearbox engage against.
Some times feel it strong and some times feel it smooth, and some times work well.
This can will be normal for the clearance of the transmission, but i don't know!
I have too another kind of shudder very similar than the previous one, that happens sometimes when I play up and down with the accelerator and the gear box it's hot make a hard "cloc" when accelerates again, but diferent than the other; or when take a hard climb and i loose a little the accelerator and then push it again.
Toyota make to my car an upgrade of all the software, and reset all, but don't fix it!
My dealer say that this is normal and all this cars make the same things.
I'm not sure and not satisfied.
Did yours do the same?
Please explain your feelings about this.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi finally i solved the problem,
My local dealer, official Toyota, put a wrong fluid in my gear box.
We changed for the correct one, and all the problems solved.

Back