Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Satnav upgrade

Chrisvespec

Hello all
Just bought my 1st 100 series, 2003 4.7 with LPG after having owned 3 80 series cruisers, wondered if anyone can give me info on upgradeing satnav, also is it possible to install Bluetooth using the built in nav screen.
Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris
I have a Sahara and when asked about upgrading the original unit was told only the map data could be upgraded and this would not upgrade map graphics or anything else. I replaced the whole unit with a Pioneer unit, this way I was able to get satnav, Bluetooth, iPod connection and reversing camera all in one unit.

Hello all
Just bought my 1st 100 series, 2003 4.7 with LPG after having owned 3 80 series cruisers, wondered if anyone can give me info on upgradeing satnav, also is it possible to install Bluetooth using the built in nav screen.
Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris

Does you 2003 not have Bluetooth ? my 2003 has it , and yes you can update the maps, but are expensive (about £150) but sorry have not got
a link,

There is a procedure in the Toyota touch screen manual telling you how to install a Bluetooth phone. You don't need anything except the phone, screen and manual. You will have to know the telephone number of the phone you are installing.

Frank

There is a procedure in the Toyota touch screen manual telling you how to install a Bluetooth phone. You don't need anything except the phone, screen and manual. You will have to know the telephone number of the phone you are installing.

Frank

Hi Frank

You don't need the phone number, as bluetooth has nothing to do with the phone number or network, all it does
is connect to the radio like a wireless broadband router, but you will need what they call a passcode which is
displayed on the radio

Hi Steve

I don't have a Bluetooth phone but when a friend, who did, came to play I'm sure we had to enter his phone number, but perhaps not. Anyway it didn't work :icon-biggrin:.

Frank

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had a good read of both user and satnav manual and theres nothing about Bluetooth..!! I wonder if it was an optional extra..!! will have a play with the touch screen and see....

Chris

If you touch the Display key on the right hand side it will come up with an option of telephone...

I believe the Bluetooth function came in on the face lift models Ie late 03 and onwards. So some earlier 03 models will not have it.

The easiest way to tell if you have blue tooth or not is to see if you have the telephone answer and hangup button on the steering wheel.

Every time I drive off in mine there is a beep and when I look at the screen there is a banner "connection to Bluetooth" failed. 2004 model.

Frank

Bluetooth works fine with my phone but not on the wife's, and its her car....

Well had a good look round the touch screen and no blue tooth, only buttons on right side of steering wheel is one button and that's for the voice control on sat nav.
Strange mine being the facelift model but I guess it was an optional extra.
Is there an updated satnav unit that would enable blue tooth I wonder....

Turn on your blue tooth it works well in the car I find

My 2007 has blue tooth and its utterly useless Warren. I've tried, Apple, Andriod & Blackberry, but none of the phones address books will transfer (I've tried everything). When I dial someone there is no ringing tone and the only way I know it's connected is when the person answers hello! The system will not let you make calls on the move either. I know 2 other 100's that are equally as bad. Very very poor system overall IMO. Yours must be an exception.

Hmm interesting. I must say when dialling a mobile i also get no dial tone but a landline is fine. Mine will let me skype through it on the move and i dial from the phone not the head unit and can call on the move.

Its not 100% but better than holding a phone. If i had to have blue tooth 100% then I would get a parrot kit and not fuss about trying to get the current system to work or add factor blue tooth.

Does anyone know if I update the satnav box for a newer version this will give me the Bluetooth....

There is no satnav box to update it runs off a DVD disk under the driver seat is my understanding

Hi Chris,

I really think you're trying to flog a dead horse with this one. The bluetooth is really crap in this vehicle. You're much, much better off spending the money on a Parrot or similar IMO.

Back