Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LandcruiserOC INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

ChrisKnottIns

UPDATE: CAR INSURANCE WISH LIST

Hi,

In the Chris Knott office recently we were considering whether there were things the industry could do better. We were also contemplating what we as a business could do better.

Being that we're coming to the end of the year and are starting our planning for our new financial year which begins 1st Feb it's a good time to ask this question of you.

It's incredibly important for us to get members' views in all this as we seek to provide the things you want and need. Interactivity is the benefit of being involved with a forum.

Of course, a competitive price is always going to feature highly among the responses - we know that and we've responded as the market has softened in recent months. But we're also keen to find out if there are things besides the price that matter to you from a cover or service point of view that would be useful.

We'll look at all your suggestions - some of them we'll be able to arrange straight away, others will take longer to organise, maybe involving insurers, and some will not be possible at all but we'll do all we can to respond to the sensible suggestions.

To make sure we're not just feeding our competitors ideas, please PM me on here or drop us a message on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Knott_Ins).

We look forward to hearing from you but please maintain the helpful, collaborative spirit in which this is intended.

UPDATE: PRIZE DRAWS CLOSE SOON

Hi,

I just wanted to remind you that there's not much time left for you to benefit from our current Prize Draws and discounts.

CAR INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
In return for getting a quote from Chris Knott Car Insurance we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14.

HOME INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
Ask Chris Knott Home Insurance for a quote and you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14. Full prize details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/2014/shard.html

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER - take out cover before 31/03/14
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

OUR OTHER OFFERS CONTINUE
Our multi-buy and loyalty rewards continue indefinitely - that's £20 OFF any extra cars you bring to us and upto £50 OFF your home insurance. These offers are on top of any other draws we might offer from time to time.

If your car or home insurance is due this month, please include us in the mix when you get your quotes. Not only do we offer great rates to car club/forum members but you'll be entered into the above competitions.

0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

This feedback posted just today on one of the forums: "Would just like to say a big thank you to Chris Knott - sponsor on here - for giving me a very decent insurance policy. Had an accident in December and found Chris to be very understanding and really helped me out. Bettered my quote by about £30-£40, lowered my excess and got all this with added courtesy car, legal cover and car hire purchase. Was very pleased to also hear the very small interest rate for paying monthly! A big thank you and hopefully I'll get my NCB bonus back so that my premium is even lower!" Wardy, Briskoda.net

***CHRIS KNOTT Silverstone VIP Tour for Two WINNER***

Thanks to everyone who entered our prize draw by getting a quote between 1st Nov 2013 and 28th Feb 2014.

We're really pleased to announce the winner of our prize draw as sicskate (aka Ben Hobbs) from FiatForum (and other forums). We hope he has a great day and look forward to seeing some pics!

Thank You from Chris Knott Insurance

Hi, we'd like to thank the members of the car club/forum community for their support of our special car insurance scheme. So far this year we've been amazed at the increase in members using our service to find the best deal - each month we've beaten our growth targets by a significant amount and that's down to you.

On a slightly different note, we do try to monitor the forums and keep up to date with any insurance questions out there but if we've missed any please feel free to flag them up again by PM and we'll make sure you get a response.

Thanks again for your custom and don't forget to try us this year when your renewal falls due. We won't be able to help everyone but we'll do all we can for as many of you as we can.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

FEEDBACK...

"Thanks a lot guys for saving me money on Car Insurance...!!! Both cars insured and over £400.00 saved in total..." Happy Matty. Slotty, Briskoda.net

"Went ahead with my Insurance renewal today with Chris Knott Insurance. Undercut my existing renewal quote by 10% over the phone before I could even approach the subject myself! Mod-friendly and polite service (Kim) Many Thanks guys." Av4nt, Audi-Sport.net

"Chris Knott have just halved my insurance! Result I say. Same cover as before and everything covered fully comp." Yorkshire007, Vectra-c.com

Chris Knott sent my insurance renewal for the 80 at the weekend £796.25! Last year they wanted £593, after a few phone calls they did it for £433. I was very disappointed with such a massive increase in premium, the only change to my circumstances is that I got married in the last year, so there is no obvious reason to load the premium.

I sent them an email expressing my disappointment here's they're reply:
"
We are aware on this renewal that the premium has increased quite considerably. Highway have re-viewed their premiums on this scheme and have increased their rates.

We do not have another underwriter that offers this type of cover I’m afraid so have no-one else to approach. In this situation the only way to get an underwriter to come down is if you get a cheaper quote. We will be happy to do this if get a cheaper quote."

Highway are the underwriter for this policy, Chris Knott are the broker. I use a broker so that they do the leg work and get the customer a good deal before the premium is sent out, not to just use one underwriter and be held to ransom by them. I do like the statement that if you find it cheaper elsewhere, Highway may reduce the premium in competition, but until you manage to prove that a better deal can be had elsewhere, lube up, bend over and prepare to be shafted :shock:

There are only 3 or 4 underwriters that insure modified 4x4's, it would seem that Highway have now decided that we are good for an 80% hike in premiums. Coming off the back of a recent news headline that car insurance premiums are dropping, something doesn't add up, apart from the underwriters thinking that they have a licence to print money. :angry-screaming:

Well, they aren't getting any of my money insuring my Land Cruiser anymore.

I have two 4x4's insured, one by Adrian Flux, and one with The Green Insurance Co.

The Flux one covers my Prado, which has mods, the other the wifes Evoque.

Both policies are with the same insurance company, think its called aegis, but every year I have the same horse-trading phone calls, seems the norm.

Still, broker asking you to obtain other quotes is a bit odd, but what it tells you is that they dont have other insurance companies, not the same as there are no insurance companies.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Agreed Pete, there are other insurance companies out there, but the ones that cover modified 4x4 tend to only be catered for by a handful of insurance underwriters. Obviously Highways is one of them and they have decided to subject their customers to a considerable premium increase without justification. Aegis, that's a new one on me.

I have had several insurance policies with Adrian Flux over the years and have always found that there is a large amount of paperwork involved with their policies, (compatible with a mortgage application), and that the process is long and drawn out.

Dissapointed with Chris Knotts handling of this premium increase.

The insurer's decision to increase rates will reflect an increase in claims experienced. The alternative would have been a letter from us with just the one quote on a 'take it or leave it' basis but we didn't want to do that knowing that we could help you to take advantage of the insurer's responsive pricing if you found a cheaper quote elsewhere. You already know we didn't have access to any other insurers on our own panel who would cover it cheaper.

"the insurer's responsive pricing if you found a cheaper quote elsewhere"
Surely that means then that they were charging more than necessary in the first place?

No, it means they'll invite the renewal out at the rate their calculations suggest is the right amount for that risk. However, they give us the authority under the club version of the scheme we have with them to ultimately write the business at whatever price we need to go to (within reason) so long as it's justified. If there's an alternative quote we can use that as evidence that we needed to go lower in your case.

Last edited:
I wasnt not impressed either when i phoned them for a quote this year. i was trying to get away from my trade policy as i wasnt going to have time to buy and sell so i thought give them a worle.

they wanted nearly £900 for my 80 as they wouldnt take into account my no claims from my policy. but said they will beat any price i find??? so i made up a figure to see what they could do and that then dropped to £380ish.
I dont do business like this so took my money else where. i dont understand why companies sont give you the best price they can to start off with. I find it very funny when you challenge them they can drop in price so much for the same level of cover? sounds like some kind of scam with there prices.

stu

No scam - just a way of us as a broker ensuring we don't lose good club member business where price is the only barrier.

£500 is a big drop to just take on the chin when somebody gives you a price they made up!!

We'd have needed a copy of the quote if he'd wanted to go ahead - as I said, we need to be able to prove to the insurance company that the drop was justified or we'd eventually lose our scheme.

My Landcruiser policy is up for renewal on 18th August - whats the best date for a quote?

Pete

No scam - just a way of us as a broker ensuring we don't lose good club member business where price is the only barrier.

When we hear these stories back from other members I'm afraid it re-enforces the opinion the insurance companies are sharks.

My Landcruiser policy is up for renewal on 18th August - whats the best date for a quote?

Pete

Hi Pete, you can generally get a quote within about 30 days of your renewal but you'll receive your renewal invitation from your existing provider with about 21 days to go, so it's best to wait until you've received that.

When we hear these stories back from other members I'm afraid it re-enforces the opinion the insurance companies are sharks.

I would say this wouldn't I but we're here to work on your behalf to get you the best deal from the insurers. If you can give us the ammo in the form of quote proof we can negotiate the reduction in the rate for you.

After paying the bill for 2 years insurance i have bought my truck twice , makes me want to set it on fire and drive it through a Rolls Royce showroom window to balance the score :icon-evil:

Back