Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi new member, asking how many LC 200 V8 diesel owners are on this site with views

rangrov

Country Flag
uk
Hi guys after owning my 2010 LC4 for 3 .5 years and being more than happy with the car, ( after all the previous car was a range rover sport with nightmare problems, ) i may divulge at a later date, I decide to buy a new LC 200 V8 diesel, I was just wondering how many LC 200 owners are members in the UK on this Forum, So don't be shy come forward and take a bow and give us your opinions, fuel consumption, niggles, happy or sad thoughts, I will be putting my findings on here in a few weeks, it is too soon to say anything up to now. cheers.

All I can say is that I owned an RR Sport and it was a total nightmare from day 1! The company I work for exports LC200's to Africa and the main problems we see are blown turbos due to lack or servicing (old dirty oil).

Hi guys after owning my 2010 LC4 for 3 .5 years and being more than happy with the car, ( after all the previous car was a range rover sport with nightmare problems, ) i may divulge at a later date, I decide to buy a new LC 200 V8 diesel, I was just wondering how many LC 200 owners are members in the UK on this Forum, So don't be shy come forward and take a bow and give us your opinions, fuel consumption, niggles, happy or sad thoughts, I will be putting my findings on here in a few weeks, it is too soon to say anything up to now. cheers.

Just a question rangrov, what is UK about this forum? :think:

Just a question rangrov, what is UK about this forum? :think:
Hi wot I mean is how many LC 200 owners live in the UK who are members on this forum, because you can be anywhere in the world and reply on here, thanks.

I bought a LC200 series and it was great - except that it requires sulphur free fuel. The Govt fuel figures were never achieved - I was lucky to see 18mpg on a run with cruise set at 70mph on the GPS. I did have a long range tank fitted (95 + 185) as well as ARB bumpers front and rear, ARM EMU suspension, 12000lb winch with synthetic line, 285/70/18 BFG's, Cheetah low profile roof rack and a host of little extra's including 10" HID's. I have previously posted pics altho' that was before I fitted the rear ARB bumper. That was for our first overland trip in the 200 series and we only went as far as southern Egypt that time. I sold it due to the fact that we couldn't get sulphur free fuel in Africa and instead reverted to a series 100 which drinks any old diesel and which is marginally more economical in my hands. The performance of the twin turbo V8 diesel (we chipped ours) was phenomenal - but at a price. At 50,000 miles she was belching smoke and Toyota eventually agree to a rebuild as they found excessive wear of the rear most four cylinders. Once we got it back we sold it. So saying, for Europe it an excellent travel machine but I'll stick with my 100 series for serious over-landing. These are everywhere in Africa and are easy to fix without having to resort to PC's to tell you what is wrong. That's my 2 cents worth.

I own a 100 Vx Diesel and a 200 Vx diesel and enjoy both every drive.

We do get 50 and 500ppm diesel in South Africa, I see 12l/100 in city driving

Rgs
Scalci

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I own a 100 Vx Diesel and a 200 Vx diesel and enjoy both every drive.

We do get 50 and 500ppm diesel in South Africa, I see 12l/100 in city driving

Rgs
Scalci

is there any problems with your dpf when you used the 50ppm diesel? I have a LC 200 and used 500 ppm and my dpf has been full quite a few times and require regeneration on several occasions. Do you have this problem?

i have recently switched from 550ppm to 50 ppm and yet need to do some regenerations. Hope you can advise. Thank s much!

Back