Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New BFG AT on the way ??

warrenpfo

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1312-new-bfgoodrich-all-terrain-ta-ko2-in-the-works/

All-New-BFGoodrich-All-Terrain-KO2--11--Baja-1000-Class-12-Car.jpg

I think I'll be in for a set of these when the GGs get a bit thinner.

I like the look of the sturdier sidewall, because I've lost too many Grabber AT2s to sidewall damage, mostly from rocks.

Nice looking tyre that one :icon-biggrin:

Was going to pull the trigger on a set of 285 Duratrac when available shortly in the UK. Might hold off and see if these make it to production anytime soon.

Was going to pull the trigger on a set of 285 Duratrac when available shortly in the UK. Might hold off and see if these make it to production anytime soon.

I was looking at Duratecs too....They look almost like a MT though? or are they more of an aggressive AT? do they perform like ATs or MTs?

The Duratracs are similar to the ST MAXX in terms of AT/MT classification. The are an intermediate tyre, and if you believe the marketing blurb they have the performance of both.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
back to looking at the Duratrac. Have read good reports about them for all round use. Obviously not the ability off road of a MT but better suited to my DD.

The guys in the states saying "The All-Terrain T/A KO2 is expected to be available in the 4th quarter of 2014."
From: http://forum.ih8mud.com/tire-wheel-tech/788051-new-bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-ko2.html

Will be next year probably before we would see the new BFG.

My garage just called and said they can't get the BFG AT KO tyres I ordered, because their supplier is out of stock for some reason (he was really surprised and didn't know why). I guess the KO2s are on their way...

The BFG's get very poor ratings in test results in the latest OJ.

OJ is Overland Journal which is a magazine and it's the Summer 2014 issue I'm looking at. They tested the performance of 7 different AT tyres on and off road. They didn't test puncture resistance. The BFG is a very old design and it showed it didn't do very well on or off road. They rated the Cooper AT3 as the best. Cons for BFG AT were poor adhesion, poor wet traction performance, excessive lug chipping and tearing, did not complete rock climb. Cons for Cooper AT3 were lacks three-ply sidewall ...

Last edited:
Ah okay - gotcha. I thought you'd meant that they'd reviewed the new BFG AT KO2 and thought that these were worse than the original KO (which is indeed very old).

The coopers do look good but
a) they don't seem to be any good at all in the snow (I'll have proper winter tyres at some point, but as some BFGs are mountain rated, that seems like a bit of a win
b) my tyre place doesn't seem to sell coopers...
c) I just really like the look of the KO and KO2.

;-)

OJ is Overland Journal which is a magazine and it's the Summer 2014 issue I'm looking at. They tested the performance of 7 different AT tyres on and off road. They didn't test puncture resistance. The BFG is a very old design and it showed it didn't do very well on or off road. They rated the Cooper AT3 as the best. Cons for BFG AT were poor adhesion, poor wet traction performance, excessive lug chipping and tearing, did not complete rock climb. Cons for Cooper AT3 were lacks three-ply sidewall ...
Good article that one, enjoyed reading it. Have been reading Overland Journal since the first addition, my subscription is due and editions like the summer one make it a no brainer to renew. Always an interesting read, and they often feature Toyotas!

Did they mention the Duratracs? Might not be strictly ATs.

Maybe they are both not considered as an AT tyre.

I'm thinking to get a set of these for this winter, if they're available here in time. :icon-biggrin:

Although there's plenty of tread on my GG AT2s, the sidewalls are an embarrassment. :oops:

Back