Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sharky's 100

Sharky

Garage
Country Flag
australia
Just picked up this 100 series, Mmmmm I have to now fit all the goodies I took off the last one:icon-rolleyes:
Its got already ARB bulbar, and just fitted dual batteries, soon to be triple batteries running 2 x separate piranha solonoids and my IPF 900's. About to make a drawer/storage unit and either overhead console of dashpod to house my 2 x radios.Got lots to fit to it. Pics are the car yard pics
155801924_zps56911bef.jpg

155801928_zps089eb919.jpg

155801927_zps6690cf5a.jpg

155801922_zps6bc152d3.jpg

155801929_zps69d473af.jpg

Very nice Steve - the wheels are very different to those fitted to the hundees in the UK. Are they aftermarket?

What fuel do you put in it?

Cheers

Gday Gav they are aftermarket Speedie brand 16 x 8's. Fuel, well I put 91 octane in it when I picked it up and read in the manual when I got home its supposed to have 96+ :icon-cry:. I'm running the 91 out and will try 98 in it but don't tell my wallet, its not gunna like it filling 2 x tanks at $1.70ish per litre:lol:

Very nice Steve - the wheels are very different to those fitted to the hundees in the UK. Are they aftermarket?

It's a 105, solid front axle. These are narrower than the IFS setup and so have more heavily dished wheels to even things out.

G'day :)

Could just spot the diff casing having a cheeky peek from under the bumper.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:lol: Ya got good eyes I cant see it. Pretty happy getting the solid axle front model, Its going to be mainly a tourer but supposed to be better flex.

Yes, much better; the IFS has limited down travel so tends to lift a front wheel instead. The previous owner of mine (Julian) spent a lot of effort (and money!) trying to improve that.

I wouldn't have minded either as I'm not going to be doing anything extreme but was just lucky this was a solid one

Alot of the american 80 seem to have those wheels on them. I would like a 105 but want a TD so i guess i would have to put a 100 body on 80 running gear. has any body done this yet?

Alot of the american 80 seem to have those wheels on them. I would like a 105 but want a TD so i guess i would have to put a 100 body on 80 running gear. has any body done this yet?

Greg from Cruisers Overland (now no more) started this but I don't know if it ever got finished, Ian Rubie may have more details.

Yeah I wanted a diesel too but here a 100 TD is probably minimum 25k and that would be a late 90's one with 350 plus km's. Most expensive 4by here

Greg from Cruisers Overland (now no more) started this but I don't know if it ever got finished, Ian Rubie may have more details.
Not quite Chas, he was fitting a solid front axle to a UK spec 100. Last I heard he was getting an axle case custom made. He was removing the V8 petrol and fitting a hybrid 4.2 diesel. Some parts were 80, some 100 and I think he was after a fuel pump from the marine version.

Ian

Last edited:
the marine 4.2's make some power whats the difference ? seen them with 350-400bhp?
stu

The pump is different, don't know what else. I imagine the large supply of coolant helps.

Started making an overhead console out of plywood today to house my 2 x radios. Older radios and no where to mount them:icon-mad Will trim it in carpet etc. Don't know if its going to work yet mounting wise but will see how it goes. It will have my uhf also my sideband cb, 2 x 12v sockets at the rear as well as a usb charger. Maybe 2 x 12v sockets up front too to run GPS and camera. That's the theory of it :lol: whether it comes out like that time will tell. I have it half finished and hope to do more on it tomorrow. Keep ya posted

Got my Cooper STT's 33's (285/75 16) fitted but mmmm needs a bigger lift I'm thinking, looks lowered :lol:. Picked up the new roofrack today and fitted it, looks alright I think and pretty sturdy. Finally finished my overhead console, just need to mount it, hope it fits alright?.
032_zpsa0f04830.jpg

033_zpsdaa53a93.jpg

031_zps0f14fc16.jpg

035_zpsf4376943.jpg

Looks great. :thumbup:

What make is the roof rack? :icon-smile:

Gday Ben I think its called Killa concepts, there on ebay. It appears to be quite sturdy I guess time will tell.

Cool. :icon-biggrin:

Are you planning on doing much else to it? :think:

Back