Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pi#$@d off today

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
We've got a car on order that's due to be delivered in just over 2 weeks. Wife is giddy about it and I've got a buyer lined up for the focus, all going well so figured I'd check today if still on track, get a reg sorted for insurance, seeing as I work for the company they can't bend the truth "it's lost at sea etc"
Got all of our paperwork in order delivery date etc........someone forgot to hit the button to actually order the bloody thing!!!!!! :doh: :angry-screaming:

Rather heated conversation with sales manager and sales admin followed!!! Can't get one to spec already built and told me it'll be 9 weeks!!!!!!
After telling the sales manager to shove the order where it doesn't shine he's now trying to find me one similar spec and poss a different colour!!!

To make the day worse the wife blames me :lol: she's not pleased and not the time frame, not the spec but the bloody colour might be different!!!!

Oops!

I'll sit this one out I think, don't want to get dragged into a domestic. :eusa-naughty:

Errr, good luck :whistle:

I'll let sales manager call her if finds me one in a different colour lol.

Just hope not 9weeks tbh, going to France in 10 weeks and I'll lose the buyer for the focus! Plus my life will be hell! !!!

I'm presuming this is via staff purchase?

As a member of the general public, I'd be expecting them to provide a vehicle in the meantime until mine was delivered...don't see why this should be any different.

BMW did exactly same to my folks - they actually turned up with their motability car to swap it on the arranged date, to fing that no new car had been ordered.....

And to top it off, when they did collect their new car some weeks later, it broke down on the way home - Dad walked back to dealer, who told him as it was out of the dealership, he had to call the assistance people, salesman obviously too busy having important power meetings trying to work out how to get further up his own arse to contact them so dad walked back, got the car home and sorted it himself.

Lovely cars, my Z4M was truly a dream car to own, but certainly our local dealership are nowhere near as good as they think they are.

Strangely, they are also the Skoda franchisee, and better car dealers you wont find anywhere!

Yeah it's a staff purchase, I'd be very un likely to be given a car to use, a normal customer would.
It's technically the wife who's purchased it though, will have to wait and see if sort something out!!! Just so bloody annoying! Can't be that hard to order a car, glad I went and asked what's going on!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's a first for my place, I think it's just been pushed to the back as its staff then forgotten about. Be an interesting chat tomorrow!

Z4M superb little car to drive, still get a couple of gems in. Saying that a very tidy Z3M coupe still comes to us!

I can understand there perhaps being more leeway/compromise expected as a staff member - i.e. not expecting the salesman/adminstrator/dealer principal's head on a plate and more goodies in the deal as compensation, but I would still be expecting them to step up and sort out an interim arrangement, especially as you have a buyer/deposit taken for your old car.

Doesn't reflect well on BMW if they can't even do right by their own staff.

Give them both barrels Gary! See if you can renegotiate the deal for more goodies (as Doodle says), and ask for one of their part exchange cars as a courtesy car for the interim period (a reasonable one mind). Don't be tempted to compromise on your car colour or spec, I know someone how did that recently and I think he's regretting it a bit.

Good luck.

tell them you won't be able to get into work as you will have no car!!

It's now in the hands of the dealer principle, either going to find us something we're happy with spec and colour or a different model for the same sort of price. I happened to mention I know we've a couple of 3 series and a nice x1 in stock that are similar price.

Wife still unhappy with me lol.

It's now in the hands of the dealer principle, either going to find us something we're happy with spec and colour or a different model for the same sort of price. I happened to mention I know we've a couple of 3 series and a nice x1 in stock that are similar price.

Wife still unhappy with me lol.

What was that you said about being happily married Gary ... lol lol ...

seriously though .. hope you get it sorted soon ... a disgruntled wife is a force to be rekoned with ...

Lol Carl.

Well my work are currently trying to get a car transferred from another dealer, different colour but better spec, will know tomorrow afternooon. Have still ordered our car (some added spec for free) but expected delivery end of may/start of June. If we have to wait till then we will be given a demo car from the start of may to drive untill it arrives.

Well told them to stick the car, won't turn up till end of June/ start of July. Whatever they lend us we can't take out of the country and going to France in June. Very disappointed as if it was a normal customer they'd jump through hoops to sort it.

I will order another but at a different dealer not part of our group (have informed them of this too)

I'd say your right tbh.

I did take pleasure telling them to stick it and they've lost some other retail orders.

Well some good news to update the farce what happened with my car.
It'll be delivered next week and we get it on the 18th, negotiated a very good deal on the price after I kicked off and told them to stick it where sun doesn't shine lol (got it at cost price)
We go to France on the 23rd so it'll be here just in time for our hol!!
Admin has registered it already and it'll be taxed before it arrives at my work. Management became helpful after quite a heated meeting and 4 other orders got cancelled (friends and a family member)

Back