Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Black Widow Drawers - thoughts?

SteveS

I'm researching different drawer systems as part of the preparations for my 100 series over-lander. In summary I intend to remove the 3rd and 2nd row seats, install drawers and an extended flat 'bed area across the whole of the rear behind the 1st row seats. Black widow have a product called "forward twin floor" that fills the gap between the drawers and 1st row seats to which a half height load guard is also mounted. I intend to hard mount a 50L fridge to the forward twin floor accessible from the second row doors, and also sleep on the floor in emergency situations - so they need to be strong and able to deal with wash-board etc.

Does anyone have any experience of these Black Widow products, perhaps also photos of a similar installation, or indeed any alternative manufacturer's systems that I should consider?

Only set of BW that I have seen was Olazz's. Looked like a quality product. I have the African Outback and the Sense of Adventure drawers too. Not sure the latter is available for the 100 though. I think AO pretty much make one set of drawers in essence and then supply a fitting kit for each vehicle in relation to side panels etc. Dunno how BW manage the different models. Not sure who sells them in the UK

Yep I have a set of their drawers, the water tank and the load guard. First class build quality, and extremely robust. Over 60,000km on some of Africas worst corrugated roads, and they have never rattled, or needed adjustment. The rollers glide as if they were new, despite all the doom sayers in Africa saying the dust will kill the roller bearings.

Got loads of pics on my blog, also did a few posts on here with pics and truck of the month etc etc.

Have sent you a PM

Thanks all - glad to hear the quality is high and they're robust. I'm particularly interested in any thoughts on the forward twin floor. Anyone installed the system with side wings etc? Easy?

Had a set of BW drawers, just the rear load area, in my 105 back in Oz. Lots of kms on some bloody horrible roads with corrugations and no problems whatsoever. It's a quality product.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So I have decided I like the drawers but the responsiveness and service I'm getting from Boab is a concern. It's like pulling hen's teeth at times - especially getting pricing and availability. I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket but at this rate I'll be going elsewhere

Let us know how you get on.

R

So an update on the saga that is Black Widow drawers.

After many many emails and some phone calls I eventually got in touch with BOAB. They never got the information I requested from Australia (possibly because BW Oz say they never got the questions from BOAB). Given the lack of info on a couple of key points I will have to go visit BOAB - this is a PITA and 200 miles round trip. BW Oz to give them their due have offered to short circuit the distributor network and ship direct....but of course shipping charges will be high. It took BW Oz over a week to respond to the first web-form on their web-site but ultimately they have tried to be helpful.

For me the problem seems to lie at BOAB as they don't respond to my emails in the main, and if BW Oz are to be believed then BOAB didn't send my photos and info to them either.

I'll provide further update when I've been to BOAB at the end of the month.

Back