Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: 4.2 litre 100-Series, preferably Manual:

BobMurphy

Country Flag
scotland
Well, my much-documented 1998 90-Series is rusting away before my eyes and I'd also like a higher towing limit so . . . I'm looking for a decent 4.2 litre 100-Series with a manual box if possible.

As my daughters are threatening to take their trailer tests I'd like a decent, reliable car before waving them good by in it with the horse trailer on the back :angry-screaming:.

If anyone is thinking of selling please let me know.

Cheers.

Bob Murphy.

Good luck Bob. IIRC there were very very few (I recall 6 but that might be a crazy number) 100 series manuals that came in - of course I might be completely wrong! Have you considered one of the last 80 series 24v manuals. would be also great at towing and they seem to be about as good as it gets when it comes to rust taking hold slowly.

I suppose it depends on your budget, I've seen manual 100's between £6 and £16k They are about but I don't think they are necessarily better for towing.JMI

Andy

Thanks guys. I'll consider an 80 providing its sound.

The LC doesn't do many miles per year (c. 2,000) and I don't want to be replacing them too often.

Neither do I want to spend silly money on something that spends most of its life sitting in the yard and the rest hauling trailers around farms.

I'll see what turns up.

Bob.

Back