Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Power to upper tailgate

cmcmill01

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So I have fixed the light to the upper tailgate, question is how do I run the power cables back into the back of the 80?
Probably should have thought of this before attaching the light!
Cheers for any advice
Craig
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397842093.711834.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a cable grommet in the top left of the tailgate. I fitted a similar light and fed the cable though this, behind the roof lining and down the RHS rear pillar to a fuse holder in the storage area in the trim panel.

Cheers for the info, is it easy to get from the grommet down past the window to the bottom of the tailgate?

That bit's quite easy. The difficult bit is feeding it through the grommet without tearing or damaging it. I used a stiff piece of wire from an old coat hanger and some silicone rubber lube to reduce friction.

There's a cable grommet in the top left of the tailgate. I fitted a similar light and fed the cable though this, behind the roof lining and down the RHS rear pillar to a fuse holder in the storage area in the trim panel.

Any clues on how to get it behind the roof lining and down the side pillars, does the roof lining pull away some how?
Cheers
Craig

Finally figured this out, getting through the grommet was a nightmare, but also found some interesting forum post on I8mud talking about a connector sitting ready to be used just in the cab above the roof lining.
So used that instead of running cables to the 12v dist box, only problem but not a serious 1, is that light is powered from the main battery.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back