Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco now

Andy

Supporter
Country Flag
england
I am sitting in a restaurant here in marracech, just finished a fantastic tajine & the first wifi for a few days, spending a couple of days here to recover from a non stop drive from calais that was only possible thanks to the hero of the day, our own Mr Webster!

I was actually on the ferry from Poole, going up the internal ramp to the upper deck when my transfer box gave up the ghost in a big way last Wednesday night.
I caused chaos as they had to turn around all the cars & caravans behind me & drag me off.
AA recovery back home, well pissed off! (At least it was dark though!)
phoned Karl next morning, he had another box on its way to me & delivered to Eastbourne at 4.30pm the same day.......absolute hero!

got it fitted on the drive straight away, but no ferris to Spain available on Good Friday, the only other option was the tunnel ( other than lose a week in morocco).
so a 2500kilometer blast in the cruiser to algecerias, ferry to tangier & here I am in sunny marracech about to start some fun off road.

thanks again Karl

Andy

Hi Andy.
Glad you got there this time round. I know it was a pain for you with the truck going wrong on the beginning of the journey but really the best time.
No problem with getting it to you. A big thankyou to my delivery man as I asked the impossible from him yet he did it for us.
No problem again I'm glad to have been a help.
Enjoy the trip and look forward to the trip report :thumbup:

Wow! Well hey, better there than in Arsoleland or somewhere tricky.

I can imagine the feeling as deadlines slip away. We've all been there. Great when someone comes through like that. Well done Karl. And well done Andy for making it.

Still bemused as to why you weren't carrying a spare transfer box with you though. Basic mistake.

nightmare start to trip
but as others have said, better it happened in UK (only just!) than in middle of Spain or desert!

good to hear all ok now

Unlucky start to the trip there Andy, glad you were able to sort it. Excellent service from Karl :thumbup: Sounds like you've had a high speed transit through France and Spain! Hope you have an enjoyable time in Morocco.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow! Well hey, better there than in Arsoleland or somewhere tricky.

I can imagine the feeling as deadlines slip away. We've all been there. Great when someone comes through like that. Well done Karl. And well done Andy for making it.

Still bemused as to why you weren't carrying a spare transfer box with you though. Basic mistake.

yep, school boy error!

be interested to know what caused a sudden catastrophic failure like that, could have been a vehicle loser in the desert someplace

Did the new ferry look that bad?
:)

Are you still plannung to use it on return?

Where next in morocco?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Did the new ferry look that bad?
:)

Are you still plannung to use it on return?

Where next in morocco?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

well i only saw the car deck so can't comment on the ferry but will be using it on the return! Will let u know what it's like.

At the moment I haven't a clue what went on the box, the oil was changed about a thousand miles ago, & the level checked before I left.
when I drained it (after the failure) quite a lot of filings & small bits of metal on the drain plug, I will strip it when back & try to find the cause.

i will have to add a transfer box to my list of spares to carry! My fault then obviously

i have not needed any , other than filters etc, on any of my previous trips thankfully!

will keep u posted

Andy

I guess there was no signs/warnings of an imminent failure Andy and it just let go on the ramp?

Back