Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ-TE VS 1KD-FTV Prado... Choice?

Rust

Country Flag
denmark
I'm still looking for a Prado, which is a little hard to find in this country .... They are rusty, yet very expensive: (

But I must go and look at a few tomorrow ... Both the old 3.0TD and D-4D ..

I will mount intercooler on a 3.0TD

Which is better? They all run around 300.000km (186,000 Miles)

I know the diff lock is a problem ...

Rusty!!! Really?!

I've now owned both models and have to say that the later D4D model is loads more powerful :icon-twisted: Couldn't say if this is just intercooler related, but would imagine it to be both intercooler and ECU related. Having now owned a D4D and seen a number of peeps carry out an intercooler modification on the TD model I have thought that it would be less hassle to just buy a D4D in the first instance if your looking to buy a TD then carry out the intercooler install. Interestingly I was under the impression that the TD Prado came with an intercooler where as the Colorado did not. Maybe this anomaly is a Jap import thing. I was also under the impression that Prado TD's that have an intercooler from OE also have a different ECU with a different part number to those that don't have an intercooler fitted.

Thanks for the post :)

Yes Rusty :) We have a risk of freezing about 4-5 months a year here in Denmark ... and the authorities begin spraying salt on the roads already when the weather threatens freezing on the roads
We were said to be the world's toughest conditions for cars in terms of rust :)

In addition, costs a Prado (as a van without rear seats) around 5500 pounds for the cheapest Diesel :) And almost double up for the rear seats in.

Here in Denmark, they are not called Prado, but just Landcruiser 90 Or just GX90. Therefore, I do not know the difference between Prado and Colorado :)

I work with VAG cars for everyday ... Sometimes we does paint cars that are 3-4 years old because of rust ... :)

Could you not import a rust free one from another country in Europe? :think:

I could do that, but you far away to find another climate :)
And when you get it home, you have to pay taxes to the government to register the ...
The tax on a Prado Van is about 2,000 pounds

But I just need to find one that has been treated properly from the beginning ... We are accustomed to the problems up here;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Update I have to share with you :)

I have now looked at all that is the Prado Diesel in my province ... There are about 8 cars for sale ... Nowadays a 3.0TD where the panels and the frame was corroded ...

And once 3.0TD which was without rust, but had run 310.000 miles :/

And finally a D-4D automatic, the ride, with KM2's but rusty and ran 280.000 miles ... Price: 13,200 pounds.

Last Chance is a plane ride to an island, and looking at a D-4D Automatic with aircon for sale in this country :) I hope so badly that it's any good :)

Back