Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

how to updat the maps of the navigation system?

Maher

Country Flag
syria
I have checked at the local dealer of Toyota and he asked for almost 1,000 US$ for updating the maps of the navigation system which is too much.
Is there any other source to get the update?

I was searching in the net and I don't find anything.
I asked to my dealer and he said that it cost 180€.
It's a usb update.

Keep searching on net, there is usually an alternative

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there no way to build your own maps with an opensource map set and use it in the LC?

I have searched the net previously for an alternative to getting a sd card from Toyota due to the ridiculous cost, sadly with no luck. For the price of a genuine Toyota sd card map, I can buy a new gps with lifetime map updates.

The
I have checked at the local dealer of Toyota and he asked for almost 1,000 US$ for updating the maps of the navigation system which is too much.
Is there any other source to get the update?
update is just a new SD card. Remove the original and insert the new. A new issue will be available in 2017 i believe

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The

update is just a new SD card. Remove the original and insert the new. A new issue will be available in 2017 i believe
In order to change the SD card you have to open the navigation system, while I was led to understand that updating the maps usually is done by CD.
Thank you all for your comments, actually I am using my mobile phone or iPad as a navigator instead of the car navigator taking into account that Google maps provides live feedback about the status of the road.

YEs I certainly agree that Google maps on a iPad are far better than any car satnav system, as they are live and show the traffic status.

i recently updated my maps on my 2011 LC200, ordered a DVD on amazon and it just cost $30

buy a Nokia Lumia 520. It comes with built in world map and you download the ones you want for free. has its own gps and doesn't require data if you have pre-downloaded the map. That's what I did in OZ and it was cheaper than an a Navigation system. Go back to your dealer and ask him how much to cut a 5"x 2" rectangle in the dash and then put his dick in the vice

buy a Nokia Lumia 520. It comes with built in world map and you download the ones you want for free. has its own gps and doesn't require data if you have pre-downloaded the map. That's what I did in OZ and it was cheaper than an a Navigation system. Go back to your dealer and ask him how much to cut a 5"x 2" rectangle in the dash and then put his dick in the vice
That may suit you but it does not suit me and does not address the question raised.

Back