Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air bag warning light staying on

dunk1

Country Flag
great_britain
My LC3 hasn't moved for 2 weeks as i've been away, on the second day of using it the air bag light now stays on, it actually flashes on and off.

Any ideas before i start trying to fix it.

Looks like i'm on my own then, i'll post up how i get on

First thing to do is get it on a diagnostic computer to read the fault code, airbag systems are mighty complex so you wont get anywhere without a computer.

First thing to do is get it on a diagnostic computer to read the fault code, airbag systems are mighty complex so you wont get anywhere without a computer.

Thanks for the reply Mick, i shall pop it down to a local guy
who's pretty sure he can plug it into his computer.

It'll be next week so i'll post up what we find

Most likely something simple like a seat connection but there are that many plugs and stuff it could be any one of them. Clear the fault codes and it will probably stay off.

Depending on year, the plug is not obd2 even though it looks like it. All the normal readers don't read it.

Depending on where you are might be worth dropping in at Simon Holton.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got it plugged into my mates reader and it came up with

BO116 Open in Side Squib (LH circuit)

Cleared the code off the system and at the moment the light comes on as it
should when you turn the ignition on and goes out once you start it up.

Last edited:
Pleased to say it's still working as it should be so god knows why that happened

That's a bargain then. Sure your mate cleared the error and not removed the bulb? ;)

That's a bargain then. Sure your mate cleared the error and not removed the bulb? ;)

Yes lol

I was with him when he plugged his comp into it and went through the
system.
The airbag light comes on correctly when you turn the ignition on and
goes off once you start the engine :)

Last edited:
Excellent result then - hope works should you ever need it :)

Hope you don't!!

I've just had this very problem after folding the passenger seat flat for the first time. Flashing airbag light and an OBD2 reader that won't talk to the car. A coincidence that this should happen after folding the seat? but then I read dunk1's post "BO116 Open in Side Squib". I've just tweaked all the plugs under the seat and the light has gone off.

Question: is it OK to unplug/replug the seat connections with the battery connected or does the airbag get upset? I was planning a visual inspection of the connections.

I unplugged both drivers and passenger's seat with the batteries connected without a problem. When I turned the ignition on it noted that there was a problem but reconnecting them later and then turning the ignition back on the light did it's normal thing.

I also had problem with red airbag light.
First step,going to nearest mechanic for code reading. B0101

20220204_155029.jpg

Checked internet and workshop manual for possible problems, most common was spiral cable problem,part 8430660080.
Genuine ordered from partsouq,with customs came in 1 week.

Because I dont know,how to atrach more photos with text under it,I will make many posts right now :)

I had time today, also my 8yo nephew came, so it is time to repair this problem.

You need:
  • Flat screwdriver - small
  • Torx30
  • Philips2 screwdriver
  • 19 socket
  • Torque wrench
  • 10 wrench
  • Socket extender

First step,disconnect batteries (I have two-winter edition) with 10 wrench,only - pole is ok. Secure cable with some insulation (in my case,rubber garden glove).
20220226_132951.jpg

Last edited:
Use flat screwdriver to open small plastic covers (2 pieces) on steering wheel, left and right side.

20220226_133440.jpg
20220226_133842.jpg
20220226_133650.jpg

Back