Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Off to sunny Scotland

fbnss

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Me, the mrs and mjb are off to Scotland for the week, staying in a cottage near Cawdor. Hopefully I won't be spending more on diesel than I did on the cottage. :think:

Not so sure about the sunny, but you'll be in range of some beautiful scenery up there :thumbup:

Here's luck with the weather! :lol:

Thanks Clive. It's actually stopped raining now and is quite sunny. I'm somewhere just past Liverpool. Cruiser seems happy trundling along at 70

Got back yesterday from 2 weeks in a VERY sunny Scotland, only 1 day of rain with temps in the mid 20's for a few days. Some good scenery and fishing in the Lochs round the Trossachs and the place was practically deserted:icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:.
Midges had their fill tough and even suffered a nasty tick bit this time.

midges and the PITA Ticks! Bloody 'orrible things - glad you had a good time though - watch that tick bite

It's pretty rare for the ticks to be carrying Lyme disease, but do watch for any sign of a ring appearing. Other than that they are still awful things. I get a bit pretty much every time I am stalking. I have scars from them and they can take a couple of months to heal. I caught the last one just as it bit me and I sill had a sore a month later. The midges are nuclear too. Tiny bits of floating fluff. Dunno how they get so vicious.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We nearly lost our eldest dog 2 or 3m ago to a poxy tick bite! Do be careful out there folk (and pooches!)

I was savagely attacked by a processional caterpillar about 6 weeks ago - back, arms, all covered in blisters - after 3 weeks went to quack who gave me some steroid cream - 2 tiny tubes that were used up the next day - found some other stuff in the medicine box and have been using that - blisters turn to bite like spots, dissapear - stop using cream, next morning blisters are back! bloody itchy, but not painful. So, look out for these nests when you are over in Europe - white fluffy nests in pine trees, they can and do kill dogs! the hairs come out and stick in the tounge and rot it! also the throat where it swells up and.................

blurdy bugs!

Last edited:
I got tick bite fever when living in Botswana, wouldn't wish it on anybody, good way to lose weight though....

Made it here safely. No bites yet!

Oo no. Got my fish in a pub

Oh and it's sunnier here than Watford was this morning.

My Collie would get ticks on here every time we were up there, even after dosing her with an anti tick treatment beforehand. In Aug 2010, 3 weeks after coming back from a fishing trip she suffered what appeared to be a stroke or other "neurological event", as later described by the Vet, around 11.30 late one evening. Called the Vet on their out of hours number and was advised to take her in immediately to a surgery in Dewsbury. Felt like the longest 35 miles I've ever driven, I thought she was dying. They said they couldn't treat her with anything as they didn't know what had caused it until I mentioned the ticks I'd removed from her while on holiday and they immediately suspected Lymes disease. Four days and a course of antibiotics later and she was back to her old self like nothing had happened thank goodness!

Blimey guys, apart from a few mozzy bites, I've had nothing like that here :eusa-naughty:

Of course there are insects like everywhere, but I've never been bitten, and I've certainly not heard of anything as gruesome as your stories.

I think the cold winters help, kills off most little varmints on a regular basis... :think:

Enjoy the Cawdor tavern. I was bought up near there. Fished on river Nairn. Drynachan a nice spot for a walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's where I had my tea this evening, it was really nice. Pigeon breast with bacon and black pud for starter and fish n chips for main. Propper good grub.

Last edited:
I've just zoomed in on googly earf and the Cawdaw Tavern was the first thing that caught my eye. Didn't see you with your truck though :lol:

It was definitely there, next to the Porsche.
no photo of that though so here he is hiding in the bushes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 209
:laughing-rolling:

MJB looking good there, a bit too clean maybe....

Let's see how it's looking at the end of the trip :lol:

Have a good one! :thumbup:

Back