Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Here's a neat trick with more than one application I'm sure.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Removing a pilot bearing from the crank end during clutch replacement.

Check this out.

They told us that one in the 70's at Chesterfield College Chris, I'm surprised you'd not seen it before, mind I've never used it once.

Andy

Well whilst you were over the road in the East Block learning about cars, I was chasing girls and drinking beer mate. Odd that this technique didn't appear in my syllabus.

Well whilst you were over the road in the East Block learning about cars, I was chasing girls and drinking beer mate. Odd that this technique didn't appear in my syllabus.

Meaning odd that filling it with grease and ramming it in wasn't in your "chasing girls" syllabus Chris? :lol:

You gotta catch 'em first! :whistle:

Our engineering teacher showed us this technique in school in the mid 70's as a demo of hydraulic pressure. He would also also bang on about the importance of cleaning out any grease or oil from a blind threaded hole in an engine block (or anywhere for that matter) before tightening a stud or bolt into it and potentially cracking the casting.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TP, been there. On the old white 80 when I was putting the sump back on, most of the holes were through, but one or two were blind. I pressurised RTV into there with the bolts and basically blew a chunk off the side of the block. It was OK.

It caught fire and then it didn't matter any more.

Good one .learn something new every day.pat

Back