Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For Sale - 1994 80 Series 4.2TD HDJ80 Amazon VX - UK Model

Ale

For Sale - 1994 80 Series 4.2TD HDJ80 VX - UK Model

It is with some regret I'm putting my 80 Series up for sale. I've had the truck literally 1 year and in that time have had a fair bit of work done to bring her up to good working order. However change of circumstances, our plans have changed and this has now become a third vehicle and unfortunately won't get used as intended.

Details as follows, more pictures to follow once the rain stops and I can give her a wash!

Series 80 Land Cruiser - HDJ80 VX 4.2TD (12 Valve) Automatic.
First Registered April 1994. UK model with 8 seats (3 rows of seats).
Grey leather interior, electric sunroof, mirrors, electric heated front seats, ABS, low range transfer box and tow bar.
Has working diff-locks front / rear / centre.
150,000 miles
Registered in Isle of Man earlier this year, Tax runs to 31st March 2015.
Metallic Red over grey.

In my ownership I've had the following work completed. Last oil change was in January '14 when the BEBs were replaced (ACLs + Toyota con-rod bolts)
New front exhaust section, timing belt, water pump, radiator, Big End Bearings, rear brake overhaul (discs, pads, calipers), full diff & transfer box oil change, rear shocks and new windscreen.
Aside from discs and exhaust, all parts were Toyota parts (I was intending this to be a keeper, hence no expense spared!)

Gearbox is very smooth, ATF is clean with no issues and changes up / down correctly. Engine is running smoothly, starts on the button and is currently filled with Castrol Edge 5/40W fully synthetic.

Good condition throughout for age. Its running road tyres at the moment, 275 / 70s R16s I think. Plenty of tread remaining as tyres are <5k miles old. Minimal rust on body work and chassis underneath.

Reluctant sale. I'm looking for £5,500. Vehicle is currently registered in Isle of Man, although happy to deliver to UK docks for the asking price - in return for remaining Isle of Man road tax.

truck pic2.jpg

Attachments

• truck pic.jpg
    truck pic.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Phone Dessie Kelly in Foxdale if the parts are around he will find them . Sorry i mixed up threads put 2 and 2 together and got 5 :oops:

Last edited:
Ale

Sorry to inform you mate but the above is NOT a Amazon.....Correction made.....

Last edited:
Shayne

Sorry to inform you mate but the above is NOT a Amazon.....

Dark Dude, I think you should directing your message to Ale, not Shayne.

BTW, what makes an Amazon an Amazon that would show in the photo, are they badged or are there other clues?

Ok thanks Dark Dude. I've removed references to Amazon. But its definitely a VX as has the badge :)

The Amazon badge was introduced for the very last of the 80s, before the 100 went on sale - the 1997 Land Cruiser brochure has both the Amazon-branded 80 and the Colorado in it. This is too early for that name though.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is still for sale. Price reduced now to £4,950. Cheers, Ale

Guys if this truck was imported to the Isle of Man it means it has passed the once in a lifetime Manx m.o.t . This is not like a UK m.o.t where someone who might be qualified in mechanics checks your wipers and stuff its more like an engineers inspection and virtually new cars are known to fail . So if your looking for a tidy 80 this is likely it .

Thanks Shayne, it has indeed passed the Isle of Man test only earlier this year. As they only test you once here when importing a car > 3 years old, it is more thorough than a standard MOT. They only picked up a couple of points, rear shocks and a corroded rear brake line (both now replaced)- even though the UK MOT was passed with no advisories.

Reimporting back to the UK is straightforward, and I have no doubt it would pass the UK MOT tests!

Here are a few more pics of the truck for those interested.

Cheers

AlDSC03969.JPGDSC03955.JPGDSC03963.JPGDSC03961.JPGDSC03928.JPG

Hi
It this Landcruiser for sale if so what price is it?
Thanks
Noel

Thanks Clive. Yes it's still for sale. PM me if you're interested. Cheers Al

Back