Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help importing to the US

totem

Country Flag
united_states
Hi,

[I am new to the site.]

I grew up around Toyota Landcruisers, as they were very popular back home (Latin America). I have a friend that will be selling his (in Latin America) FJ40, and I was wondering if I could buy it from him (much cheaper than buying a similar in the US), and import it into the US (through Houston). I've done some reading, but need to continue doing more. From what I can tell, since the FJ40 is older than 25 years, that means it is exempt from the EPA tests... but I am not sure.
I already have a company that will do the paperwork, etc for the car leaving In a container, but I need help receiving it in the USA.

Does anyone know about the process of importing such a vehicle or recommend a company that can help me with this? Is it worth doing this?

thanks

If I was you I would ask the question on the IH8MUD.com site, as it has a greater amount of continental americans on it, most folk here are Brits. (go on, someone prove me wrong now!!)

Pete

Just an idea that may or may not help but if you ignore the fact its a landcruiser and focus on it being a classic car you might find advice easier to find . A classic car website maybe ?

Back