Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash cracked in sun!

fast but dim

:icon-cry:

Came to my car today after a couple days of cycling to work to find the dash has cracked!

There's a fine crack in the vinyl on the edge of the dash above the instruments binnacle:thumbdown: I can only put this down to the recent hot weather, but I'm surprised and very dissapointed: it's only just ten years old!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'll be contacting toyota, but don't expect any joy. Failing that I'll look at a smart repair, if only to stpo it worsening!

:icon-cry:

Came to my car today after a couple days of cycling to work to find the dash has cracked!

There's a fine crack in the vinyl on the edge of the dash above the instruments binnacle:thumbdown: I can only put this down to the recent hot weather, but I'm surprised and very dissapointed: it's only just ten years old!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'll be contacting toyota, but don't expect any joy. Failing that I'll look at a smart repair, if only to stpo it worsening!

Check Pradopoint, I've seen similar thread titles, whatever about Aus, you wouldnt expect that in the UK.

If you have the original warranty book you might be suprised whats in the fine print , typically people assume 100,000 miles 3 year warranty and game over but some faults can call for repairs under warranty regardless . I was astonished to see the body and paint on the mrs old Rover was covered for 12 years so check the fine print .

There's a big thread on Land Cruiser Club of South Africa about this - apparently a common problem there - same place too.

Quite poor of Toyota to make there Dashes so week to crack, especially when they know the condition these things will be going through!

You'll be lucky if Toyota do anything about it, but if it's a common problem you might be in luck!

By the way, any pictures of it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've rung a couple of dealers, and toyota uk, and unsurprisingly been knobbed off! TBH I am dissapointed in toyota: I'd expect this on a lesser 4x4, but not on a LC.

I've priced smart dash repair, but ended up getting an insulin syringe and injectin superglue into the split, and filling with black polish. It's a 90% repair, and not noticable. I plan on keeping the car, so it's not the end of the world!

Back