Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just a daytrip in Northern France.

chriscolleman

http://youtu.be/EULJQSU8jQE

Been a while since I've post up anything, other hobbies and the missus keeping me busy I guess.
In the mean time the land cruiser either just sat there and waited. Or just plain was used as a tool for work.

Nice to get out and about in amongst the fields and smell the fresh air!
Mud tasted just the same as always :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
The TLC a muddy rig needs after a trip, I usually underestimate the hard work.

Pressure clean the outside and the undercarriage, take off the wheels and pressure clean all those nooks and crannies.
Decided the next day the wheelwells could use an undercoat spraying as well as the space they keep the spare wheel on these rigs.

Much to my surprise the spare wheel lowering gears worked, I had greased them in really good about half a decade ago and haven't needed my spare wheel since.
There was some dirt caught above the spare wheel but not much.
So the mechanism got a good greasing, the spare wheel got cleaned and is up for another helping of undercoat spray.

The factory tool pack got a cleaning and a spray of fresh mat paint, helps with future corrosion and just generally looks newish.

So with the cruiser on axle stands and the wheels off, I had a look at the brakes. They need some attention, pads are nearly worn. That's another job on the list.

And finally, well my OEM silver steel wheels have a few rustspots and scrapes here and there. So I sanded them down with the old elbow grease and scotchbrite and they are awaiting a nice mat black finish.

Why I end up spending more time in my cruisershop then out on the lanes,... God knows.

Guess I grown attached to that thing!!

I don't have anywhere to use a jet wash of my own in the city, so I've invested heavily (with generous tips) a particular guy at my local commercial jet wash station.

Every Monday, after a weekend getting muddy on the mountain, I take it to him and he does a great job getting into all the regular dirt trap places, and a few unknown places that he's found.

I inspect the truck when I can after a clean, and it's surprising what you can see compared with when it's dirty.

Nice videos Chris, looking forward to your report on the next outing! :thumbup:

Back