Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC200 - sourcing 17 inch wheels in the UK

Pilotman

Country Flag
kenya
Having just bought a LC 200 a couple of months ago in NW london, i need to replace the wheels and tyres. The stock 20 wheels are not very good for me. I am 75% on the road and 25% off road.

I would like to replace them with 17 inch wheels (something strong) and either BFGs or Coopers. 3 questions;

1. Where is the best UK place to source the wheels from? I am struggling to find somewhere local to me but that may be because I am not 100% sure exactly what I am looking for in terms of wheels - any advice welcome!

2. Will I need any adaptors or anything extra at all? I am looking to swap 5 stud patterns like for like.

3. Does anything else like the speedo need to be adjusted at all due to the smaller wheels being fitted?

thanks in advance!

The speedo wont need tweaking unless you alter the tyre size greatly. 18" might be a good size to plump for. Can you check what the pcd & wheel spec is on your wheels to see if 100 series wheels will work? I have a set of aftermarket 18" alloys that I would let go at some stage ;-)

Sorry for the late reply - I was really after 17s as 18inch tyres are quite hard to come by (and expensive) in Africa (which is where the car is going very soon).

No problem. I didn't pursue it as I thought you/the car was in Kenya from your location :-D

Just saw your thread. I guess you found your wheels a while ago. I have 18 inch wheels and I wouldn't mind a set of 20s for long road journeys if you still have yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back