Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Economy

Simon5030

Country Flag
great_britain
Just like some feedback on expected economy, my LC 2005 Auto seems to get about 22MPG based on my first caculation, looking around most people seem to get about 30MPG for general use, i drive 26miles to work and back each day, nothing dramatic hill wise, been driving it like an old man and accelerating as slow as possible!
I know its a big car but 30MPG would be nice!

Thanks
Simon

I got 32 in a manual but life was not worth living driving it like that. OAPs on mobility scooters overtook me.

My 150 auto got 23/24 with boring driving. On a drive to Italy it did even worse :(.

Is your 26 miles hiway or town?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Brand new hilux auto, I was getting 27-29mpg in stock form
With lift, weight of winch, roof tent and canopy, skid plates, and some load with road tyres getting 24-25 mpg
Loaded and AT tyres getting about 22mpg

I can squeeze 420 - 450 miles to a full tank on my 2005 auto 120 with lots of toys. No idea what that is - about 13 litres / 100km or so which I'm happy with :)

30 mpg on run perhaps, mine is low 20's for local driving

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But I didn't get hilux for economy, I use yaris for commuting
. The hilux is for FUN :)

If those miles to work are through towns, A roads and low speed roads then 22MPG is probably normal for it. Only on motorway driving especially long distance you'll benefit from cruising at low speeds and taking it easy.

28 +/- 2 on a tank, I do drive pretty sensibly ( 60 -65 mph on m-way). I get 460 -480 miles before the fuel light comes on.

A nice svo conversion makes economy numbers worthless and extremely rare petrol garage visits [emoji6]

Joe
At this point i would not know if the gearbox is a later model:think:?
Still learning all about the LC, regardless of economy i just love driving it!
Simon

Crispin
I hear what you say about careful driving and totally agree, they are meant to be used and built for it!
Bit of both really as we live in a hilly area
Thanks
Simon

Big thanks for all the feedback
Looking forward to a bad winter!
Simon:icon-biggrin:

Hi all.

I have just found and joined this site so am a brand new member. I am a new owner of a 11/6/2004 LC5 Auto 86000 miler - and am trying to learn all about the beast.

I can say that I love it:icon-biggrin:. I am driving it smoothly - 40 to 60 mph general driving (around town, stop start, not much open road stuff). I am just on my third tank full now and by measuring fuel used between fill ups - I am getting 27.5 MPG. I am pleased with that for such a heavy beast.

Re fuel consumption - I have been reading a lot in my search for knowledge and have just purchased some back issues of Total Off Road Magazine. They are running a 2001 3.0TD Colorado as a daily fleet/test vehicle and have fitted a Vortex exhaust system. Real world testing showed 24.4MPG before and 35.9MPG after fitting:icon-surprised: (see the September 2013 back issue). Further issues of this monthly magazine report that fuel savings remain good after the fitting of exhaust system. Have a search on Vortex exhaust systems on line and look up the magazine - looks interesting. I may try one as soon as I save some pennies. For the record, I have no links to Vortex or the magazine.

If any one can help me with a problem, here it is? I want to install a rear view parking camera to operate through my Sat Nav screen. I have seen the cameras that fit the OEM number plate for sale on Ebay but don't know if my Sat Nav will play nicely. Does it have the plug in option for the camera and will it work? Can any one please help/advise? I have searched and searched and read loads of threads but ?????

I will be a regular viewer and hopefully a useful contributor as I learn more.

Happy motoring.

HiUp

Hi all.

I have just found and joined this site so am a brand new member. I am a new owner of a 11/6/2004 LC5 Auto 86000 miler - and am trying to learn all about the beast.

I can say that I love it:icon-biggrin:. I am driving it smoothly - 40 to 60 mph general driving (around town, stop start, not much open road stuff). I am just on my third tank full now and by measuring fuel used between fill ups - I am getting 27.5 MPG. I am pleased with that for such a heavy beast.

Re fuel consumption - I have been reading a lot in my search for knowledge and have just purchased some back issues of Total Off Road Magazine. They are running a 2001 3.0TD Colorado as a daily fleet/test vehicle and have fitted a Vortex exhaust system. Real world testing showed 24.4MPG before and 35.9MPG after fitting:icon-surprised: (see the September 2013 back issue). Further issues of this monthly magazine report that fuel savings remain good after the fitting of exhaust system. Have a search on Vortex exhaust systems on line and look up the magazine - looks interesting. I may try one as soon as I save some pennies. For the record, I have no links to Vortex or the magazine.

If any one can help me with a problem, here it is? I want to install a rear view parking camera to operate through my Sat Nav screen. I have seen the cameras that fit the OEM number plate for sale on Ebay but don't know if my Sat Nav will play nicely. Does it have the plug in option for the camera and will it work? Can any one please help/advise? I have searched and searched and read loads of threads but ?????

I will be a regular viewer and hopefully a useful contributor as I learn more.

Happy motoring.

HiUp
hi buddy, don't know if this will help but just fitted camera to mine,it had vid line in cable on the back of my eonon unit and just connected the wire to that and power from reverseing light which switches it on when reverse is selected,hope this helps buddy

Hi, previously had one from ebay connected to my old Kenwood head unit and worked fine. Currently i have another ebay camera connected to a 3" monitor and that works well too.

Straight answer to your original question around town (small rural) 23mpg, on a run 30+, best 32 going to Scotland. Have had my 2003 120 series LC4 for nearly 1 year and having moved "down" from a 1992 80 series which I owned from August 2002 to August this year partially to get more mpg (20 in the 80) I have measured mpg at every brim to brim fill. Have found that driving style not just speed has a great influence on economy, acceleration and uphill speed are most influential. Nobody buys a vehicle like this to go fast, just accept that it's an elephant compared to a horse, if you want to go fast buy a Caterham 7 but you try to get 8 in one of them, luggage for a long trip or comfort on a long journey or going off on one of those irresistible mountain tracks. Horses for courses I think.

For the pleasure of the drive i can sacrifice the fuel economy, so many good things in life to do just dont get time to worry:dance:

Back