Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hawk wing awning from direct 4x4

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Quick, grab a bargain! HAWK WING awning for 199 quids!

:eusa-shhh:

edit: only 40 left in stock!

Last edited:
Very tempting at that price.

Do you know anything more about them in terms of quality etc?

Sorry, no, other than the awning I had before it was ripped from the truck in the smash, was good. And that came from the same stable, (different supplier but same model)

Steve

Just received mine from tuff-trek for rather more than that (although I do have sidewalls to go with it too :icon-biggrin: ). Still to try it out but I'm hoping to get my BEBs done this weekend so I can go camping in Wales next week to test it. It just needs to stop raining now...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Proceed cautiously with direct4x4 is my advice.

Ive just paid for one through their website using paypal - theyve taken the money then on the last page a message comes up telling me they cant carry out the transaction - checked pp account and money gone......

Have emailed them, could be they are now out of stock, but naughty taking the money as paypal refunds take some time to show up.

DONT USE THEIR WEBSITE.

Ive now had multiple transactions show up on my paypal account.

There seems to be a glitch on their payment page, so far they've had £600 from my paypal account.

Pete

I had no problem with PP on Friday, maybe there is a mad rush! Hope it get sorted pdq

Its their website, right at the end it tells you the order cant be processed, but then it is.

Heard back from them, all being resolved.

Email Hannah on [email protected]

No problem with the company, just the technology!

:) good, glad it was sorted - you could always spend another 400 on goodies ;)

Received mine this morning, think it comes with the roof bars and some fitting bits, but no instructions!!!! The roof bars and fitting brackets are inside the awning cover, bit of panic when I 1st got it.
Anybody fitted one of these onto a side of a roof rack?
Do these general fit by sliding the nut heads into the channel at the back??? If so can just fix nut and bolts onto the side of the rack and slide on the awning??
cheers
Craig

On mine (from tuff-trek so might be different), the bolts slide into the two tracks in the rail on the back of the awning and then fix onto the L-shaped brackets or directly onto a roof rack. They slide easily enough when putting them in one at a time but the entire awning didn't really slide on all four at once.

20140806_095118_zps3ddbf75d.jpg
I slid the four bolts into approximately the right place then offered the awning up to the brackets (requires two people) and manoeuvred the bolts into the right place to go in the holes in the bracket.

Rich

On mine (from tuff-trek so might be different), the bolts slide into the two tracks in the rail on the back of the awning and then fix onto the L-shaped brackets or directly onto a roof rack. They slide easily enough when putting them in one at a time but the entire awning didn't really slide on all four at once.

View attachment 14484
I slid the four bolts into approximately the right place then offered the awning up to the brackets (requires two people) and manoeuvred the bolts into the right place to go in the holes in the bracket.

Rich

Cheers Rich, looks the same. Might cut the L- bracket at the bend and use the short piece to bolt through the side of the Patriot rack and pick-up the rear channel. Have you used it many times? What is the quality like? How do the extended locking poles work? Thought it would be a simple pull out and twist but it didn't work!
Cheers
Craig

Unfortunately I haven't used it yet - I fitted it on Sunday evening. I'm heading to Wales tomorrow for a few days camping so it will get a full try-out then. I'll report back with some pics...

Rich

On my old awning, I used the 'L' bracket upsidedown from the pic above and bolted straight to the mesh of the roof rack, using some nice big washers to spread the load - after the smash, the brackets and Ally flat bar are still there, just the awning itself got ripped off! Still, might be able to use it somewhere else!

Okay.....

Firstly, this thing is mahoosive!!, way bigger than I was expecting.

Secondly......roof rack mounted you say :think: hadn't thought of that :whistle:

Will have a look at it after work today, may have to get me some roofbars !!

Good shout Steve.

I'm keen know what you guys think of it quality wise :) That is the only thing holding me back.

Back