Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

iceland maps

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
planning a trip to iceland next summer, started looking for maps and i think ive narrowed it down to two possible sets.

before i press the button can anyone recommend a decent map/maps?

i only have two weeks once we are there so i wont be planning on cramming too many miles in. i will be planning on going across the interior so detail is important.

thanks

thanks for the reply,looks interesting but i would prefer a paper map for this trip.

I bought Ferdakort Island Vegaatlas 1:200,000 and covers the whole island. Plenty of detail of tracks, heights, water crossings etc, town maps, POI etc. You can get it from Stanfords, and probably in-country

Only just seen this. I'm off to Iceland next year.

Having just returned from Iceland, I would say buy acouple of paper maps as some maps. This way you should be covered, we didn’t have1 map with all the smaller tracks marked. It was more a case of comparing acouple of maps, then deciding on the route.

I also have a copy of OSM and the map mentioned above bySpinDrift, both were pretty good with about 95% of the tracks marked we drove.

If you want paper maps go to www.stanfords.co.uk if they don't have it nobody will

for digital maps, I use two iPad apps; maps.me for OSM and MotionX gps for OSM cycle maps which show contours

both apps are cheap and allow you to download before you go so there is no expensive data streaming.

In my opinion memory map have made their expensive licensing so difficult to use I have stopped buying their licences and gone for the bargain apps above

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I managed to get the map mentioned by spindrift on to my laptop. Pretty good by my standards. Cant get it onto the tab 3 though. Can anyone help please?

Back