Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Botswana 2014

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
I know this is late, but have now sorted the truck shipping and its on its way back to SA again. I have a little time to write up the report.

Part 1 published.

Excellent write up and photos Olaz, a bit of a scary start, but I imagine soon forgotten in the reserves...

Looking forward to Part 2 :icon-biggrin:

Brilliant as always.

Lad from work is over there at the moment on honeymoon, we told him to be careful of the less desirable members of society!!

Nice trip, sorry to hear about the start. I wonder if you had SA plates it would have made a difference. One can only wonder i guess but what is behind you is behind you and a lesson learnt.

Last edited:
I have joined your Blog but can't seem to read anything for some reason

Who did you use to ship, where too and cost if you dont mind sharing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks as i plan to send mine out in November so need to start the ball rolling. I hope to send it roro as its cheaper but have been advised not to leave anything removable on it so amnot 100% yet

To RORO or not ?

If you RORO it, remove EVERYTHING of ANY value that can be stolen or easily unbolted.

This could also happen to you !

:thumbup: Another cracking read Lazz, waiting now for part deux.

Amazing stuff. I would so love to bring my truck to Africa, but stories like your first night will probably keep it from happening. Makes me realise how safe it actually is here. Enjoy the rest of the trip... I'll remain both jealous and in awe of your excursions. Safe travels.

Thanks for posting.
What is on your bonnet in the video?

Shame abiut the first night. Good job they didnt fire at you.
Stu

Great stuff there guys. One day, one day ....

Amazing stuff. I would so love to bring my truck to Africa, but stories like your first night will probably keep it from happening. Makes me realise how safe it actually is here. Enjoy the rest of the trip... I'll remain both jealous and in awe of your excursions. Safe travels.

Bob, thankfully those kinds of incidents rarely happen whilst travelling, so please don't let that put you off. In a total of about 65,000kms and 13 countries, we have only had 2 potentially worrying incidents. The first because I made a poor decision in just the wrong place of a town, and the second was for driving alone at night. Both we could have avoided.

Africa has so very much to offer.

good read, love the truck. IN fairness, I have had the same problem as your first night in the UK! it can happen anywhere.

Great report. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Excellent report as always, glad your adventures on the first night turned out OK!

Bob I had the pleasure of an attempted hijacking in Northern Ireland towards the end of the 'troubles' at the height of the Drumcree issue when travelling up from the South to visit relations. It culminated in a 20 mile high speed drive across rural South Down backroads with the lights off much of the way. (My own fault also for driving at night). Luckily I got away. Not that my Ford Sierra was worth anything, but I wasn't going to hand it over.

Don't let the occasional bad experience of others put you off, bad things happen at home too.

Great read and another well handled scary incident.

Looking forward to part two!

Back