Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Using the search facility....

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
When searching this site, I have used both basic and advanced search engines, but often neither seem to deliver anything close to what I'm searching for.

I often get a list of posts with no indication of the the key word/words I have searched and invariably the results that show start on page 1 of the original post; of little real use when the topic has multiple pages.

I have tried single content & multiple content types, specific forums & all open forums, all to not avail.

What am I missing or doing wrong then? Why doesn't the search take me to the actual post/reply that contains the highlighted text? Do I really have to scroll several replies to find the highlighted text I'm searching for...surely not?

The search is not the best thing out, that's for sure. I too find it quite pointless unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

They've apparently improved it on the next version, will see what it's like when we upgrade.

If you're really stuck, the best option is to use Google and prefix your search with site:landcruiserclub net

Thanks Paul, Will take a look.

Reviving this topic again as the search facility on here is useless.

CP, did you get anywhere with Paul's suggestion???

I find google images the fastest way to search the forum as long as there's a pic attached to the thread . "Landcruiser swampy winch" or "Landcruiser fiery suspension" or even my own thread "Landcruiser dye leather seats" anything similar usually gets you a pic you can recognise to put you on the right thread even if you have to search through the pages .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bit pointless going to Google so I can search items on this forum though.

The software exists on other sites to enable fast and accurate searches that bring up relevant content.

In south Africa, back at the end of the month...

Hey... don't make your problems my problems boet :icon-biggrin: !

Very poor service indeed.... slacker

OK, so it's all installed last week and not working :(
I'm away this week but will look into it again when back.
Their support is not the best. :(

OK, so it's all installed last week and not working :(
I'm away this week but will look into it again when back.
Their support is not the best. :(
Drop me an email when you're back.... I'm back in the UK now.

Right, so after many attempts I cannot get this to work. I've installed it (and 3 different versions of it), followed many tutorials on how to get it working but nudda. It seems it does not like the version of Linux I'm running on. :(

There is a server change and upgrade looming on the horizon - perhaps it will work on that. All I can offer for now I'm afraid...

Ok thanks CP, understood. Appreciate all the effort boet.

Just to give you an angle to investigate from Crispin i avoid shopping online at sites such as B&Q and Halfords because both sites seem to work on a single word recognition program which means searching for something like a "pink jerry can" , which is unlikely to be stocked at all even if they do have one , will result in 30 odd pages to search , 10 of which support the word pink , 10 jerry and 10 can . It's easier and quicker to go to the shop in person .

Or make the big jump to Xenforo !!

Interesting. Know anywhere it has been used?

vBulletin is good, has been good to me with this forum but is getting on now. I'm using v4.2 which is a bit old now - 5.1 I believe is out but I don't see much reason to jump ship just yet. I still get updates and patches through. I'm making some changes with a few things and this is earmarked so once the drone business takes off :)laughing-rolling:) I'll move on to the next project....

Back