Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear bumper mounted light remove / refit

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Does anyone know how these should be attached? Got home this morning to find one light/lens hanging out of the bumper and a big piece of very corroded bracket sitting on top of it.

I think the bracket is this piece from Milners http://www.milneroffroad.com/toyota...-panels/kdj120-bumper-lamp-support-bracket-lh

What I can't work out is how the lens attaches to this? Given the bracket is so badly corroded, any nuts on there are going to be messy, so am I realistically going to need more parts? I cannot find these lights on toyodiy. They are mentioned here
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2005_TOYOTA_LAND+CRUISER+PRADO_KDJ120L-GKAEYW_5253.html but as reference to Fig 81-11 which as far as I can see only shows the lamps at door level.

The factory shop manual I have doesnt mention these lights at all. I'm guessing they are for a limited market.

Has anyone changed these and can give me any pointers?

The light you are referring to is for the uk market. The bracket you are ordering according to toyodiy is partno.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]81481-60020. The lens itself attaches using a couple of studs which pass through the bracket and held in place with a couple of nuts. In the past i had to repair one of the wire connections due to it breaking through corrosion. Unfortunately the light position means that all the road filth gets thrown up there. I would suggest giving the nuts a good soak in a penetrating oil but its highly likely they will break the studs. Milner do a replacement light as well though[/FONT]

Thanks very much for that. Can find the correct toyodiy diagram now and see what is going on.

If ordering a replacement from Milners, check on the phone before ordering as to which type they have in stock. They don't always have the one with the cutout for the bulb.

If ordering a replacement from Milners, check on the phone before ordering as to which type they have in stock. They don't always have the one with the cutout for the bulb.

Ta. they dont have them in stock at present and dont expect any for a few weeks. I'll see what Simon says. Amayama bizarely have the left hand bracket (which I need) at £33.99 (plus postage, import duty etc), but the right hand bracket which is identical, but handed, at £19.81.

Back