Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Hello all

I just joined after having a bit of a near miss and nearly buying a 4.2 patrol for an expedition(Sorry for swearing)

I kind of knew all along i'd end up with a LC after seeing every round the world tripper using them.

Right well i know what i wan't so thats a good start and I am in the process of finding a 4.2 with a manual box to start the build.

My first question(there will be millions eventually) is where is the best place to source ARB and OME parts in the UK, as i will be stockpiling parts till the right vehicle appears

Welcome and good luck. I'd have to question your immediate choice of OME suspension - there are better and cheaper alternatives around. Same for ARB really. and for those in the UK I think you're limited to ARBIL.

Try looking at EFS suspension systems to give you food for thought ....

Hello and welcome.

Nothing wrong with OME its what I want to fit at some point but only because Devon 4x4 cant supply a 2" lift its 3" or more in EFS

Welcome and good luck. I'd have to question your immediate choice of OME suspension - there are better and cheaper alternatives around. Same for ARB really. and for those in the UK I think you're limited to ARBIL.

Try looking at EFS suspension systems to give you food for thought ....

Thanks for the tip.

I think i've found the perfect vehicle, The problem is i work overseas.
Which section do you think i could post in to see if someone is able/willing to go and give the car a look over on my behalf ?
I'd furnish them with a case of beer or whatever when i got back and id put a deposit on the car feeling a bit more confident it was ok.
I ordered a Thai bride once ance she was more Mama San than Mama Mia ;-)

Hello and welcome.

Nothing wrong with OME its what I want to fit at some point but only because Devon 4x4 cant supply a 2" lift its 3" or more in EFS

Ill have a look maybe 3" will work the main thing is i want to find the most easily sourcable tyre size in case i need to replace one in some strange country.
I think i may carry two spares with either a double carrier, or one under one on a carrier if thats possible

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the club HW. Which 4.2 are you interested in, an 80, 100 or a 105?

On the 80, about 33" is the maximum tyre size that fits on the "under the back" carrier, without mods. 265x75x16s would give you about 33" and they're a common enough tyre size in most places.

Welcome to the club HW. Which 4.2 are you interested in, an 80, 100 or a 105?

On the 80, about 33" is the maximum tyre size that fits on the "under the back" carrier, without mods. 265x75x16s would give you about 33" and they're a common enough tyre size in most places.

Just got an 80 and im leaning towards getting a double rear bumper based carrier.

Thankyou for the wheel and tyre advice

Whereabouts Ooop North are you? Some people have strange ideas about where the North is. Sheffield for example. Not North. Dying for a look at this gem. No, I'd leave the nerve gas at home before you lot all start.......

Whereabouts Ooop North are you? Some people have strange ideas about where the North is. Sheffield for example. Not North. Dying for a look at this gem. No, I'd leave the nerve gas at home before you lot all start.......

Middlesbrough is the nearest thing to home (Honestly the LC is mine i haven't stolen it)
Sheffield is in my opinion "North" lol. I have a strange system..
If your traditional local economy was based on making things (Ships/cars/steel/textiles/ceramics) you're North. If you now rely on imaginary wealth (stock/bonds/hedgefunds/commodities) You're South and probably should be put to the sword :lol:

Great system. North it is then. Of course this means now that Loughborough is in the North as they made a lot of socks there. And Kettering too as it's the home of shoe making. This all in effect means that when I go down the M1, I'm effectively headed North until I get past Leicester.

Don't worry, I'll get used to it. Just might need to re programme the Sat Nag a bit.

Chaps chaps chaps
The north south devide is at tweksbury or at least thats where most people my way class it.
Stu

Where the feck is Tewkesbury :confusion-confused:

Back