Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Simpson desert, Australia. 20th sept - 6th Oct.

TonyS

Hi guys,

As a lot of you know already, Ben, myself and a few others from the uk are heading down under for a Simpson Desert crossing.
It is being organised by Chris from FNB4wd in Mt Barker, who has spent many hours getting vehicles and people sorted for the trip.

We also have our own website where you can follow us from,(and includes details of the route, vehicles, people etc) as we are taking a satellite communication dish for wifi in the desert! We plan to blog every evening the days events, and post photos, if everything works and goes to plan.

www.uk-oz.com

We fly out on 15thSept and then meet up on the weds/thurs to prepare vehicles.
I am going in my trusted HJ47, which has now had an engine overhaul and a turbo to assist the 2H diesel lump get over the 1000+ dunes.
Hope you enjoy following, it will hopefully be an amusing read for you most afternoons, as we are 8.5 hours ahead of uk time.

Cheers,

Its hard to believe that it's all only a couple of weeks away after near twelve months of bringing ideas together.
We're all getting a little excited here in Oz.

Have a good one Tony - hope it all goes to plan (unlikely :) ) or as close - and safe - as possible ...

really looking fwd to reading about this adventure, good luck guys (and gals)

Bit of overtime needed still Ben - how's the build stressing you? ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It'll all be fine Gary! All sorted, no worries at all. :dance:

It'll all be fine Gary! All sorted, no worries at all. :dance:

Of course it will, you'll have Ben along, if anything breaks he can make a new one out of bits & pieces you find along the way. :icon-wink:

:lol: :thumbup:

Bit of overtime needed still Ben - how's the build stressing you? ;)

Aww not too bad Gary. :?

I've got a lot to get done and very little time but I'm confident it will all come together. This week is going to be a big one, working on LJ Wednesday and Thursday nights 4pm till 9pm+ then all this weekend 8am till very late both days so with that amount of hours should get a lot done! :pray:

I'm so excited about this trip it is going to be amazing! :dance:

Looking forward to seeing this underway, you guys are going to have a great time. Very jealous :icon-twisted:

Can you guys let me know how you find the speed of the blog site we've created for this. It's at www.uk-oz.com
A few of us will be blogging and uploading pix along the way courtesy of a satellite link up.
We have been trying to tweak it up to load faster, but not sure what more we can do.
Its a Wordpress based site, so I think we've got all we can out of it.
Plus if we let Ben post up all his photos it could crash altogether..... :)
Hope you enjoy it anyway.
Cheers. Chris

All seems to be OK on my PC Chris, looking forward to the updates as you go along.

All seems ok on my pc, also looking forward to reading more of your adventures :)

Have a great trip. Looking forward to the trip reports.

Can you guys let me know how you find the speed of the blog site we've created for this. It's at www.uk-oz.com
A few of us will be blogging and uploading pix along the way courtesy of a satellite link up.
We have been trying to tweak it up to load faster, but not sure what more we can do.
Its a Wordpress based site, so I think we've got all we can out of it.
Plus if we let Ben post up all his photos it could crash altogether..... :)
Hope you enjoy it anyway.
Cheers. Chris

It loads up quickly enough on the iPad, interesting read on the profiles of all you guys and gals, and putting faces to familiar names is always welcome!

Good luck to all on the preps and the trip, looking forward to following the blog :thumbup:

Hi Tony and Ben and all of you have a good one from tonytoyota :thumbup: p.s. Good look.

Have a great trip - look forwards to the trip reports and pics.......especially the pics!! :icon-cool:

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

I will write my own trip report at the end of each day and select which pics will go with that days report and then when I have phone reception post it on my thread. :icon-biggrin:

I'm hoping places like Birdsville will have coverage. :pray:

For me the hard parts is going to be say limiting myself to 10/20 pics a day. :think:

Are you on Telstra/Boost or Optus? If you're on Telstra then you should be alright, Optus close second... and any of the others a distant way back...

Back