Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2005 1HZJ105 high oil pressure gauge, red dirt and window issues

spawnwhite

Country Flag
australia
Hi,
am getting lube mobile to change my oil strainer as I believe it is the reason it is giving high oil pressure on the gauge.... is it possible to do this yourself?

Also have an issue with the passenger window - it has dropped and wont go up. So i took apart and found out it wasnt the regulator but the vertical runner had broken not allowing it to go up. I rang toyota and because this part is welded in they do not do replacement parts. I have been told I may have to get a whole new door!!! Surely there is a way to fix this without replacing the whole door?

Also my car is ex minesite so lots of red dirt in the engine that i have tried to get rid of and also in the window runner - whats the best way to clean the window runners (lube up?) so dont have this issue happen again with other windows breaking the vertical runner?

Appreciate your advice :)

Hi
I also have the 05 poverty pack 105 wagon which is an ex mine vehicle. The oil pressure usually runs about 3/4 up the gauge in mine. I would just plug a guage in and check that is within limits as it probably will save you a lot of grief and money for nothing.

If anyone has any ideas about blocking off the EGR on the 1HZ please let me know. I blocked the tube from the exhaust manifold but now the warning light which is also the glow indicator. My electrician says there is a fault code for the EGR so I have to find a way to trick the system. I have fitted the DTS turbo kit and soon will upgrade the exhaust system to help with turbo lag/ driveability in stop start conditions. Thank you in advance from Brisbane Australia

Back