Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I wish we had these!

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Camping trailer

Fancy one of these! The guys at Acessories 4x4 say they are bringing a camping trailer into Europe after xmas, but early days - but the price above looks pretty good! OK, may be Chinese made, but looks pretty strong

I would say that would be more at home behind a mondeo than a landcruiser. |Camping trailers are notoriously difficult to build well enough for sustained offroad use, and towing them off road is a royal PIA!

If you really really need an off road trailer I would say buy from an established manufacturer with a long established reputation, so someone else has done the product development!

:clap:lol, I fancied one for when we finally get time for a break, we will take the pooches (3 labbydoors) so all space will be at a premium. Labs cant climb ladders, well, mine cant! If we ever get to do a big trip, it will be sans pooches so can have a roof tent (with a drop down room so swmob can pee in private!)

So many things to get, so little money :(

I bought an old trailer tent with brakes and independent suspension , plan is to cut the axle so the hubs are outside the trailer rather than underneath and put bigger wheels on . I deliberately chose the smallest trailer i could find coz it's under a ton and not even noticeable when towing , though i do have to break earlier . I could wreck 6 of these and still have change over the price of a purpose built trailer .

I got a sankey chassis recently for the same kind of plan shane. Just need to get rid of my rooftent and buy a trailer tent.
Stu

I started out planning a custom built sankey trailer tent Stu but did some research and figured realistically it would cost about 3 grand . Then i figured why not just bolt the trailer tent box to a sankey chassis . Then I bought the tent and had a good look at the trailer and realized the sankey is overkill . Must remember the trailer chassis is most of the weight so a half ton chassis carrying a quarter ton maybe (in my case) . I intend to cut the A-frame from the main chassis to bring the box forward and weld it back in meaning the A-frame further braces the box section chassis . As i see it if my truck gets through without damage the trailer which is considerably smaller should follow without a scratch . Might add some bash bars just for image but i really don't think they are necessary . Food for thought maybe .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would say that would be more at home behind a mondeo than a landcruiser. |Camping trailers are notoriously difficult to build well enough for sustained offroad use, and towing them off road is a royal PIA!

If you really really need an off road trailer I would say buy from an established manufacturer with a long established reputation, so someone else has done the product development!

I would agree 100% if you want to tow off road , but if you are only travelling on roads /secondary roads, not tracks , I cannot see a problem
golden rule is you get what you pay for sometimes you get more , sometimes you get less
I'm pretty lucky with my off road camper, it is an specific offroad set up , and tracks brilliantly behind the tow buggy
cheers Graham

Look up Campomatic Trailers. I bought an old 1966 for $200 last summer. Maybe not alum, small tires. I will redo the tires size. But basically a 1 min pop up tent.
Great design, can't believe how expensive!

Back